Rocky Oregon Coast

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken on a recent trip to the Oregon coast.

Poor weather didn't stop me from braving the elements to get some shots!

Vrocksversion2.jpg

#2 Bandon Archway

BandonBeachArchv2.jpg

Rock3.jpg

#4 Lone rock
LoneRock.jpg

Last edited:
I know we have different taste in what we like. I will critique these with keeping in mind that it is only my opinion based off a method/style I like.

1-2 look a little flat and 3-4 look better to me.

#1 - I somewhat like the composition. There are a few dark spots in the sky that must me dust or birds flying by because they are not in your other pictures. I would have cloned those out.
Second the the sand makes it boring. I think cropping for more of a panoramic would look better.

Vrocksversion2.jpg

#2 - Has potential but the sand once again makes it boring and that front rock blends in with the background. I think perhaps another angle would be better, if the area allows it. I was on another forum and this person needed help removing some sun burst it was really bad. I helped him out and thought I would share with you. When I saw your image it reminded me of his and all though different place different colors I think if you were able to move the camera where you could see through that hole it would make a more interesting shot.

just for composition purposes
x6909427385_9793535585_bjpgpagespeedicYT-S6MacYA.jpg

#3 - I like the composition on this one. I think a bit of a crop would do it some justice. I like the way your eyes move from the front rock to the left rock then back further back again the right and then slightly to the left right into the ocean, all though the ocean and the sky nearly blend together.

Rock3.jpg

#4 - I also think a crop would do justice and adding just a little color. Not much just a little. I know you don't like what I like so I tried to keep it simple on all the photos I edited.
Not sure if I like those red-ish colored what ever they are in the right side.

LoneRock.jpg

Thats just what I see.

Cheers!

Vrocksversion2.jpg

Fairly awesome edit.
Puts it more on thirds.
The added saturation brings it out.

Damn nice shot.

I know we have different taste in what we like. I will critique these with keeping in mind that it is only my opinion based off a method/style I like.

I like your edit on #1. The crop achieves a slightly different feel to the image and is effective. I left the seagulls in on purpose, but they are too distant and an easy spot heal out.

Don't really like the crop you've done on #3. It was composed specifically so the foreground rock would have some space around it. Your contrast bump doesn't hurt.

I prefer my original to your crop on #4.

Also keep in mind when you're cropping pics that result in weird dimensions it's much more difficult to make prints.

thx for your time to cc

Last edited:
I think each of your shots illustrate how important the time the pic is taken plays a big part on the overall look of a good composition. The pics are drab and uninteresting. But had they been taken when the sun was low in the sky, perhaps peeking through the hole in the rock in pic #2, would have made these stellar shots. Just being in the right place at the right time is so important. You were in the right place, just at the wrong time.

Also keep in mind when you're cropping pics that result in weird dimensions it's much more difficult to make prints.

thx for your time to cc

I use a place called Jones photo lab and they can print any size I send them. I am sure there are many places around all areas that can do this.

I may have to pay for a bigger print so they can cut the image just right. If it will be mounted and framed they can print it with a border so that the image you see is the image that you will see mounted and or framed.

I guess because of that, I do not think about it much when I crop however I can see it being a huge problem if you do not have a place like that in your area.

Glad you took my cc in a good way.

Bynx said:
I think each of your shots illustrate how important the time the pic is taken plays a big part on the overall look of a good composition. The pics are drab and uninteresting. But had they been taken when the sun was low in the sky, perhaps peeking through the hole in the rock in pic #2, would have made these stellar shots. Just being in the right place at the right time is so important. You were in the right place, just at the wrong time.

Yep, no sun at all. I was there during the golden hour, but as is often the case with the Oregon coast, there was too much cloud cover and the sun didnt find its way through. Although, with the HDR treatment I was pleased with the colors that did come through..

Rest assured the scene was much more drab in person. But nonetheless interesting subjects. The focus was on composition. if there was a colorful sunset, I might have brought home some nicer shots, for sure.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back