Rocky Shores

Scott7117

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from a beach trip I took today. I just started shooting RAW and so far I really like it. The ability to have complete control over your images is a godsend. Let me know what you think!

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

bouy.jpg

Also, what do you guys think of the editing. I'm fairly new to editing in general, and I wanted to make sure these don't look cheesy. Thanks!

C&C per req:

1. A nice image but suffers from severe barrel distortion, as well as at least 1/2 stop over-exposure. I think this might have been better shot from lower down, and given the dynamic range between the water and dark rocks, would have been an ideal candidate for an HDR merge.

2. Good composition for the subject, but definitely agree with Dragonheart's assessment of too much sky. A crop would help this image a great deal.

3. I quite like this one, but again, somewhat over-exposed and I think would benefit from cropping the large rock at the top out. Additionally, the float is a little closer to the RH side than might be ideal.
Some nice work, with a few minor things noted. I would suggest if you don't already have one, invest in a circular polarizer; they are invaluable for this kind of outdoor work and will ofen turn an otherwise bland sky into an eye-popper, as well as eliminating reflections on the water.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks a ton for critiques DragonHeart and Tirediron. I really appreciate the honest opinions.

How should I go about correcting barrel distortion?

Needs more tone separation.

Most reactions

Back