Roli's Rally (CAR LOVERS ENTER)

shady195

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was the first time I really got to use my gear, my 80-200 2.8 and my 11-16 tokina. I learned a lot shooting these cars and the event that i have not learned in the quick little shots i've taken elsewhere. I was fighting with the sun all day long, and realized I was missing a few vital things such as an ND filter and a polarizing filter, but none the less it was not a total loss, and more could have been accomplished had I knew what I know now.

This event was a memorial/benefit cruise for the guy who put the event together and his two sons that had passed away a few years ago, it was also a benefit for the Double H Ranch here in upstate, NY that caters to kids with life threatening diseases such as cancer/aids etc. We ended up raising quite a bit of money, and getting to show off and cruise around in some cool cars.

I'll post a few here and a link to the album, please try not to be too critical, I already know whats wrong and whats not, im not overly happy, but I still think they are decent shots none the less given my ignorance at the time and the little I had to work with in terms of the Sun/Location of some of the cars. Some pictures of a Purpleish tint to them, I did that intentionally for a look at the time I thought looked cool, some thought the same others did not care for it. Aside from those pictures most were not edited in post process much at all aside from a few adjustments.

Link to full album Roli Rally - mfolmsbee's Photos | SmugMug

Roli-Rally-261-XL.jpg

Roli-Rally-152-Edit-XL.jpg

Roli-Rally-190-XL.jpg

Ferrari-3-XL.jpg

Roli-Rally-210-XL.jpg

Roli-Rally-381-XL.jpg

I actually like your set. How can you not love a picture of a Viper followed by a Ferrari? Loved the traffic jam picture with those exotics, and a VW bug right dead center. Now that's priceless. Nice picture of the 427 Cobra. My all time favorite dream car is a 289 SC Cobra legal for the street. As for the Boss 302 Mustang, nice shot. I actually owned a 1970 302 Mustang,just not the Boss. Insurance issues and good old Dad made the decision for me as to which model I would be buying.

The content of the picture themselves I love, theirs a few I do really like very much, but there are many which were ruined IMO but ****ty lighting and user error on my part. Im very critical of myself, and it was a huge learning experience for me, plus my arms got a work out from the good old 80-200 Push Pull Jerk off model with the heavy ass kirk mount haha

Thank you for the words though Joel

Most reactions

Back