What's new

Roll and Snap

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
29
Location
Owasso, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are two shots I grabbed from the back of our SUV as we were heading down the turnpike. Honestly, I don't think they turned out half bad.

img0286lk.jpg


img0279copy.jpg
 
I do like #1, but it would be nice if you could level out the horizon tilt.
 
Love #1. Great capture. However, just a thought:

img0286lkedit.jpg
 
not a bad edit. I'd probly go the opposite route, darken it, black out the hills, deepen the clouds. and of course fix the tilt. lol
 
thats pretty cool. I kinda like it.
 
There's some gifted people on here, just a matter of wanting to. To many of the pro's...or very good ams, post processing is work anymore. lol. They don't play much like us noobs.
 
There's some gifted people on here, just a matter of wanting to. To many of the pro's...or very good ams, post processing is work anymore. lol. They don't play much like us noobs.

I really want to learn how to capture a shot without having to do much/any post processing. As I've stated before, I've only owned point and shoot cameras in the past, and even with those, I rarely (if ever) used them. I received the T3i on May 21st, and have been in love ever since. I work for Best Buy, so I have a good technical knowledge of how they work and how to use them, but I have literally no hands on experience.

I have a fairly strong artistic background so I know the basics of color and composition, but I'm still learning. I also have done a lot of photoshop work in the past with stock photos, so I have a good grasp of editting.

Now my goal is to learn all the ins and outs of actually capturing my own pictures

The original photo:
img0286gc.jpg
 
There's some gifted people on here, just a matter of wanting to. To many of the pro's...or very good ams, post processing is work anymore. lol. They don't play much like us noobs.

I really want to learn how to capture a shot without having to do much/any post processing. As I've stated before, I've only owned point and shoot cameras in the past, and even with those, I rarely (if ever) used them. I received the T3i on May 21st, and have been in love ever since. I work for Best Buy, so I have a good technical knowledge of how they work and how to use them, but I have literally no hands on experience.

I have a fairly strong artistic background so I know the basics of color and composition, but I'm still learning. I also have done a lot of photoshop work in the past with stock photos, so I have a good grasp of editting.

Now my goal is to learn all the ins and outs of actually capturing my own pictures

The original photo:

I like where you were going. The flare really bothers me. Maybe you can clone that out. And, whatch you horizons, as it is tilting to the right. IMO tilt can ruine an otherwise perfect picture.
 
There's some gifted people on here, just a matter of wanting to. To many of the pro's...or very good ams, post processing is work anymore. lol. They don't play much like us noobs.

I really want to learn how to capture a shot without having to do much/any post processing. As I've stated before, I've only owned point and shoot cameras in the past, and even with those, I rarely (if ever) used them. I received the T3i on May 21st, and have been in love ever since. I work for Best Buy, so I have a good technical knowledge of how they work and how to use them, but I have literally no hands on experience.

I have a fairly strong artistic background so I know the basics of color and composition, but I'm still learning. I also have done a lot of photoshop work in the past with stock photos, so I have a good grasp of editting.

Now my goal is to learn all the ins and outs of actually capturing my own pictures

The original photo:

I like where you were going. The flare really bothers me. Maybe you can clone that out. And, whatch you horizons, as it is tilting to the right. IMO tilt can ruine an otherwise perfect picture.

As I stated, the shot was taken while I was in a moving vehicle at 75mph. I did my best to get a clean shot, and in the touch ups I posted prior to that image, I did clone out the flare, and I straightened the image. I simply provided the original to show what I was working with.
 
i like the darkened hill the best, where the tilt is straightened out etc, idk if its just me but i feel though in the picture the clouds just overpower the foreground no match, it's just not dramatic enough, still, kudos, for taking a shot like this at 75mph... still very dangerous, please try not to do that a lot, stop.... then take a picture, iam sure iam not the only one here who can account for how tempting this is 0_0
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom