Rookie mistake

Heitz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.heitz.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm posting this in "Beginners'" because I made a terrible rookie mistake. Yea, I was testing a lens I thought was back-focusing, so of course I was turning fine-tune on and off. Then I re-mounted the lens I wanted to use the next day, the same day I started a week-long trip to San Francisco and Napa valley. Did I remember to turn fine-tune on? Nope. All -20 of it. Now, I'm meticulous about checking my shots in the camera, and even zooming in to make sure everything looks in focus. Somehow, it looked fine. Or, it looked fine with a bunch of wine. Luckily, I remembered half-way through the trip, so all was not lost. Guh.

Or, it looked fine with a bunch of wine.

Yeah, I can see that happening.

Glad to hear you remembered though. That would really stink if all was lost.

I don't even know what that is.

Man, sounds like it was uphill both ways to school!

I don't even know what that is.

It's fermented grape juice and it is known to have enhance the appearance of photographs, at least until the effects wear off.

O.K., I'll give it a shot. How much do I pour into the back of my camera? Does it have to be any particular kind of "wine" as you call it? I noticed that some "wine" costs nearly $100 a bottle (750 ml, I checked) while other kinds are around $3. I presume that the more costly this "wine" is, the more pronounced the effect.

Most reactions

Back