Rose

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My mother was cleaning house the other day and I came across this interesting layout. I though I would give it a shot and see what happened and this is what I came up with. A comments and Critisizm welcome.

flower1.jpg

To me it all seems out of focus, not terribly out of focus, but not near sharp enough. There is really not much detail in the flower. Compositionally it seems okay, but perhaps a different angle might work more suitably. If you use PS I would say try to sharpen this, and then experiment with black and white conversion techniques and see what comes of it. Black and white would help add to the feel more IMO.

It does look slightly soft focused....I have an action set up on my photoshop that does flowers justice...may I have a go?

I agree with pretty much everyone else in this thread, the subject is slightly out of focus... you may want to underexpose the rose slightly as well to get some more detail.

yeah i go with John on this one the lack of detail is probably due to overexposure on the flower, nice composition though.

Artemis said:
It does look slightly soft focused....I have an action set up on my photoshop that does flowers justice...may I have a go?

Go for it...I would like to see what you can come up with this one. I actually used a softening action in photoshop that I made, Little much?

Most reactions

Back