Rough day at the office.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Even though they won 12-5. So good to be back at the ballpark and shooting again. It's been a couple of years since I was able to shoot minor league ball.

AI-vs-OKC_baseball_0294.jpg

This looks heavily processed - but I like it! You definitely captured the player's post-game exhaustion.

Glad you were able to make it out! :)

To me there are two types of photography, one that records a scene and one that displays the essence of the scene. IMO it's not fair to compare them, any more than you'd compare a photo to a painting. I think you made an excellent choice here.

This looks heavily processed - but I like it! You definitely captured the player's post-game exhaustion.

Glad you were able to make it out! :)

It's not heavily processed. This was late in the game about 6-7th inning and this player was done for the night. The dugout is not lit well at all and I shot it a little underexposed.

Now I did process it much more than I would if I were delivering to a client, wireservice or paper but that is the art of it and my creative license at work.

To me there are two types of photography, one that records a scene and one that displays the essence of the scene. IMO it's not fair to compare them, any more than you'd compare a photo to a painting. I think you made an excellent choice here.

Thanks Smoke. Since I was shooting for the team, I shot to 2 cards and gave them a card that was unprocessed. The images I kept, I took the liberty of processing in a different way.

I like this a lot. Even without the title you know he’s having a tough day.

You give the team unedited images?

Ron, in my humble, nonvaluable opinion, this is my favorite ever from you. I love the lighting and the subject is just wonderful. Nominated for April POTM.

Last edited:
A perfect title to for the moment. Nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back