Round 2 Entries "Food" - Due by Tuesday August 29

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
The topic for round 2 will be "food". This allows for a wide range of shots, from more still-life shots to things you might see walking around. You can be as creative or as straight-forward as you want with this one. But make sure your pictures still conveys the concept of "food" to the judges.

Instead of posting in this thread you'll be sending your submissions to me through PM. I'll be making a photobucket account for the judges to look at. This will be more fair for the contestants and it will eliminate any judge bias since the images will be renamed. After the deadline I'll post the images here along with the final scores.

Contestants for this round are
magicmonkey
shutteredeye
jdunphy
jeridjohnson
spako
lunatick
tsienni
crazyava

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Now get shooting ;)

Here are a couple questions!

Is there any type of file size limit since we're not hosting our own stuff?

Will you post the submitted photos here after judging is done? I want to see what the "competition" is up to. :p

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

will we be able to view the pictures before ranking them by judges? so maybe you could post a link to photobucket account here, or maybe.. it would be possible to make a gallery on TPF (Chase??? ) for browsing the submitted photos? you could always change the photo name by numbering it, so noone would know which photo belongs to which member..

jdunphy said:
Here are a couple questions!

Is there any type of file size limit since we're not hosting our own stuff?

Will you post the submitted photos here after judging is done? I want to see what the "competition" is up to. :p

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Not really, preferably just keep it under 1000 pixels. And yes I'll be posting the pictures with the scores

edit: it depends on the type of wood. And if you give them coffee

mentos_007 said:
will we be able to view the pictures before ranking them by judges? so maybe you could post a link to photobucket account here, or maybe.. it would be possible to make a gallery on TPF (Chase??? ) for browsing the submitted photos? you could always change the photo name by numbering it, so noone would know which photo belongs to which member..
I'll post the link to the photobucket after everyone has submitted and before we've started judging. I'll number all the files so that way no one knows who took what except for the people who took the picture :) And at the end when I post scores I post the names as well

darin3200 said:
Not really, preferably just keep it under 1000 pixels. And yes I'll be posting the pictures with the scores

edit: it depends on the type of wood. And if you give them coffee

yep. there's something about exotic woods that they just refuse to chuck. a nice cup of hazelnut gevalia usually convinces them, but they'll still go painfully slow just to annoy you (not to mention that chucking wood while holding a mug full of coffee is quite difficult). they love that coffee stuff, makes them a little lazy though, so i usually choose just not to involve myself with them at all.

woodchuck.jpg

dude! I told you to PM me the submissions, not post in the thread...

oh well. Your score is
creativity- 5
technical- 4.9
execution- 7
bonus point for a animal holding coffee - 3

I really like the DOF. Personally I would try selective coloring on the coffee for emphasis!

:lol:

Darin I PMed you my entry for this round.

Humm, I wish I could have more spare time, but this is it. I'm a bit disappointed with my work, but, everyone else, pour out your creativity and energy, best of luck fellows! :)

darin, are we allowed to see the flickr account that you're putting these up on or is that breaking the rules somehow? I'm just interested to see what other people have come up with so far...

darin3200 said:
midget patrol said:
nono! don't count me out! I got home today and am currently setting up a shot. :lol:

Can i submit anyway?
Definitely! Should still be able to make the deadline, which for virginia is 7pm on the 29th
My entry's in.

Most reactions

Back