'round the fire

omeletteman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Me and some friends had an end of the year fire out in the woods last night (not so legal, so keep it on the downlow). I of course took my camera as I don't get many chances to take pictures of people. It was pretty dark since the fire was the only source of light, so the 1.8 really came in handy :)

wcg6bn.jpg

wcg6ir.jpg

wcg7jr.jpg

wcg86q.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Love, love, love #3. That is an awesome shot!

Hey Dave,

New member to the forum here, but I must say that I LOVE these shots. Very well done for such poor shooting conditions. This is just excellent work and its the kind of work that makes me want to keep trying.

I did not look at your profile for equipment - what camera were you using - and at what ISO were you shooting?

Thanks for posting these.....

Jared

Alison said:
Love, love, love #3. That is an awesome shot!

Thanks Alison! Much appreciated, I really like that one too, so I'm glad others like it too.

bauerman: thank you very much, I use a Canon Rebel XT (350D), and these were with the 50mm f/1.8 lens at 1600 ISO. Edited in PS CS2 to lighten them up and tone.

Thanks Trevor :)

First and third are great! Great candids; looks like it was a fun time.

omeletteman said:
Thanks Alison! Much appreciated, I really like that one too, so I'm glad others like it too.

bauerman: thank you very much, I use a Canon Rebel XT (350D), and these were with the 50mm f/1.8 lens at 1600 ISO. Edited in PS CS2 to lighten them up and tone.

Thanks Trevor :)

I assumed that they were at a higher ISO setting - thanks for responding though. The XT really does have a very clean ISO 1600 - did you use any noise reduction software as well?

Jared

Thanks WNK, April, and woodsac!

bauerman-no noise reduction software, on a few photos though I did use PS's reduce noise filter.

Nice shots, eggman...er...omeletteman! :p

1 and 3 do it for me! You worked with the lighting conditions quite well!

Most reactions

Back