Roxi Taken with Fuji

I don't mind the speaker. I would have liked to see turned a bit more toward us.

Very good, that's a better view of the subject I think.

Very good, that's a better view of the subject I think.

Thank you, it can be tricky sometimes as the BG can get pretty messy hence why I will sometimes crop up the legs.

I don't mind the speaker in shot 1 at all, I think it helps set the environment. Nor do I mind the perspective - getting an almost 3/4 view of her front while still getting the back side of the guitar seems to me to be a classic guitarist view. I do, however, wish there was a bit more dead space in front of her (image left). From her head down through her planted left leg she is very centered in the frame, but once you add in the guitar and the jut out of her right leg the left side of the image seems a bit tight. Contrast this with shot 2, where she has more open space "in front" of her. (Maybe you only did that in shot 2 to get the entire name of the venue in the shot, but even without the name I'd say that composition works better.)

I like the BG that says, "Brighton music hall"

I don't mind the speaker in shot 1 at all, I think it helps set the environment. Nor do I mind the perspective - getting an almost 3/4 view of her front while still getting the back side of the guitar seems to me to be a classic guitarist view. I do, however, wish there was a bit more dead space in front of her (image left). From her head down through her planted left leg she is very centered in the frame, but once you add in the guitar and the jut out of her right leg the left side of the image seems a bit tight. Contrast this with shot 2, where she has more open space "in front" of her. (Maybe you only did that in shot 2 to get the entire name of the venue in the shot, but even without the name I'd say that composition works better.)

I like the BG that says, "Brighton music hall"

Thank you both.

Most reactions

Back