Ruby

Well it's very dark and moody. It makes me want to try to understand it, which might be your intent.

Well it's very dark and moody. It makes me want to try to understand it, which might be your intent.

Thanks. Dark and Moody...basically my daughter in a nutshell some days!

But yes, I was very deliberate in the dark editing...I wanted an "unknown" feel to it if that makes sense...her eyes were not in the shot particularly, but the editing darkened them even more...I certainly do want people to study it a little and see if they can figure it somehow. But that all sounds pretentious sometimes to me...:)

Cheers

I like the expression you captured, the photo to me seems a little too dark, or maybe it's the dark portion of the left side of the photo that makes for a lot of black.

I like the expression you captured, the photo to me seems a little too dark, or maybe it's the dark portion of the left side of the photo that makes for a lot of black.

Thanks. Yes, I am big on dark sometimes...the problem with lightening that area is that the background is poor...this was shot at Ruby's grandma's house, with the light from the window behind me. Nowhere to shoot without "stuff" in the background. So, I deliberately darkened for that...

Thank you. :)

Personally, I like it like that.

It is OK.

Eye contact one way or another is no big deal. A little dark for me, but lets see the options to choose from?

I like dark, moody portraits. One suggestion would be to simply eliminate some of the dead space. Make her face fill up more of the frame.

Maybe a tiny bit on the underexposed side for me, but a very nice photo.

I find that dramatic lighting often translates as less "dramatic" and more just "out of place" with young kids, but this one works well.

I like dark, moody portraits. One suggestion would be to simply eliminate some of the dead space. Make her face fill up more of the frame.

Heh Heh...I kept in the dead space to ward of the cries of "give her some space to "look into"!" ;)
Thanks

Maybe a tiny bit on the underexposed side for me, but a very nice photo.

I find that dramatic lighting often translates as less "dramatic" and more just "out of place" with young kids, but this one works well.

Yes, I like 'em dark, but know it doesn't suit everyone. And yes, for kids it's often all "bright, bright, bright!"...but I like to play around with things a little. It doesn't always work, though. :)

I personally think it is brilliant!

Most reactions

Back