Running on Empty

I like number 1. If you could get rid of the blue-ish tone on the shady plus, it'll be better.

#1 is real art. The car needs some brightening. The trees are taking away its thunder.
The trees are part of the compo, although I agree I could've used a shallower depth of field. The car looks fine on my monitor, though.

I like number 1. If you could get rid of the blue-ish tone on the shady plus, it'll be better.
Not sure what you mean by "the shady plus" – if it's the shadow of the car on the snow, I didn't change it because that's exactly how it looked on location :)

Thanks for the feedback Mike and Michael, I appreciate it.

#1 is real art. The car needs some brightening. The trees are taking away its thunder.
The trees are part of the compo, although I agree I could've used a shallower depth of field. The car looks fine on my monitor, though.

Not sure what you mean by "the shady plus" – if it's the shadow of the car on the snow, I didn't change it because that's exactly how it looked on location :)

Thanks for the feedback Mike and Michael, I appreciate it.

Sorry, what was I writing? I mean 'the shady place'. I have removed the blue tint, but decided not to post it here because you stated that your photos are not OK to edit.

Love that second shot...and what I find most interesting, is not the car or even the shadow, but the texture of the snow.

Sorry, what was I writing? I mean 'the shady place'. I have removed the blue tint, but decided not to post it here because you stated that your photos are not OK to edit.
I'm satisfied with how the image looks as is, but I'd also be intrigued to see how your version looks like – if you're still following this thread, feel free to post it.

Love that second shot...and what I find most interesting, is not the car or even the shadow, but the texture of the snow.
Thanks, Mike. Gotta love light coming from the side.

I'm satisfied with how the image looks as is, but I'd also be intrigued to see how your version looks like – if you're still following this thread, feel free to post it.

Thanks, Mike. Gotta love light coming from the side.

p34135244042.jpg

Here are a couple photos I had the chance to take of a 1933 Dodge 2-door sedan that a friend of mine found. The morning light was very harsh and the sky bland

I really like #1, gorgeous side light, so-called "bland" sky, and all.

Do you really want to take out *all* the blue cast? To me, shadows in the snow on a sunny day really do look blue, and the complement between them and the brassy winter sunlight can be very striking.

Whatever you do with this, I'm sure that it will be lovely....

Do you really want to take out *all* the blue cast? To me, shadows in the snow on a sunny day really do look blue
Yes, that's exactly how they look. Under certain circumstances, those shadows could make setting the white balance a challenge... but not here. Thanks for the kind feedback.

I love how you used the harsh morning light to your advantage in #2 to make it something a little bit different and special.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back