Running on Empty

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple photos I had the chance to take of a 1933 Dodge 2-door sedan that a friend of mine found. The morning light was very harsh and the sky bland, plus I didn't have my filters with me, so I tried to make do with the tools at my disposal.

p341352440-4.jpg

p756825056-4.jpg

Loved that grill, by the way.

I hope to be able to return to this place to shoot this relic under different conditions.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Well you sure have been busy this week...

#1 Get rid of the power lines if possible.

#2 Would like to see a little more contrast in the BW conversion, but by far (to me) it's the better shot.

Nice shadows, good use of BW. Great shot.

I would also agree that the power lines are a bit distracting. I love the reflection of the grill on the snow. I think it is great that you did not boost the contrast and saturation in the first pictures like in many pseudo HDR pictures.

That grill is fantastic! By chance, did you get any closer shots of it, or did you try cropping down the above shots? From the B&W photo, a vertical shot of the grill plus it's shadow might be quite interesting.

The job of cloning out these power lines here would be neverending... I'd give up before I even start...

#2 Would like to see a little more contrast in the BW conversion, but by far (to me) it's the better shot.
You're talking to Mr. High Contrast :)

I think it is great that you did not boost the contrast and saturation in the first pictures like in many pseudo HDR pictures.
HDR (and the HDR look) are not part of my arsenal :) Curiously enough, someone else brought up HDR when I posted these images elsewhere. Weird...

By chance, did you get any closer shots of it, or did you try cropping down the above shots?
I did not get closer because I was shooting with someone else and neither of us wanted to disturb the snow near the car. When I did get closer, my buddy was already back in our car and ready to go, so no photos :(

From the B&W photo, a vertical shot of the grill plus it's shadow might be quite interesting.
Great feedback. I've just tried cropping square but couldn't find any composition I was fully pleased with. BUT, here's a crop with an aspect ratio that gets rid of some negative space:

p874681670-4.jpg

Thanks all for the feedback!

Last edited:
The job of cloning out these power lines here would be neverending... I'd give up before I even start...

You're talking to Mr. High Contrast :)

HDR (and the HDR look) are not part of my arsenal :) Curiously enough, someone else brought up HDR when I posted these images elsewhere. Weird...

By chance, did you get any closer shots of it, or did you try cropping down the above shots?
I did not get closer because I was shooting with someone else and neither of us wanted to disturb the snow near the car. When I did get closer, my buddy was already back in our car and ready to go, so no photos :(

From the B&W photo, a vertical shot of the grill plus it's shadow might be quite interesting.
Great feedback. I've just tried cropping square but couldn't find any composition I was fully please with. BUT, here's a crop with an aspect ratio that gets rid of some negative space:

p874681670-4.jpg

Thanks all for the feedback!

I prefer the negative space, to this crop.

I like the new crop very much. I also can see a neat square crop from this version - just a wee bit off both sides in equal amounts.

I prefer the negative space, to this crop.
I think both versions work, but I'm begining to like the re-crop better.

I like the new crop very much. I also can see a neat square crop from this version - just a wee bit off both sides in equal amounts.
My problem when cropping square (not "the" problem but "my" problem :)) was the background. I tried different possibilities but nothing worked 100% for me due to trees and junk on the sides. In spite of my issues with the background, your suggestion is spot on.

Thanks again for the feedback, Rotanimod and BlackSheep!

Actually i was pointing at the classy distinction seen in your images
Well, I only photograph classy subjects, like the one seen in these photos :)

FWIW, I've decided that I like the new crop much better than the original. Thanks BlackSheep once again for suggesting I did some cropping – the original didn't place the lines created by the shadow where they should be, and your suggestion to go vertical pretty much said that.

#1 is real art. The car needs some brightening. The trees are taking away its thunder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back