rushed sunset try

mikie2084

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at my friends house today and walked outside to this. I didnt have much time to set the camera, I wanted it to be alittle brighter. Also didnt want the power lines in the picture. What could I have done to make this better?

DSC_0636-1-1.jpg

Probably the best advise is "Don't rush". Next time be at the location you want to shoot from before the sun starts getting low.

Yea I wasnt even thinking of takeing any photos while I was there. Just had my camera with me. Its crazy how fast the sun can go down and you have no shot any more.

try to photoshop out those power lines.. they really get in the way

I have Gimp and just started using it, can I take the lines out with it? Honestly I dont have a clue how to use Gimp yet.

well i tried using gimp and i thought it was horrible, it confused me like hell but it prety much has the same stuff as photoshop.. there should be a clone stamp tool.. that would be the easiest way to take ought the lines. i would recommend getting photoshop maybe cs2

Yeah, GIMP can do it - but I don't use it very often, so I might not be able to give the best advise on it.
You'll need the clone tool (usually looks like a stamp). You usually have to Ctrl+click or Alt+click to select the area to copy from.

Thanks im going mess with it and see what I can do.

Yeah I kinda like the powerlines there too. At the same time the photo does look kinda rushed. I like O||||||O's advice about not rushing. Photography I think has a pretty huge misconception that just because the shutter takes fractions of a second (but sometimes way longer of course) to open and close that it should be a fast process. I just started shooting granted, but it sometimes takes me a good hour to really get the shot I'm trying for. After that, I'm still usually disappointed haha. (need more practice I suppose).

Most reactions

Back