Rushing water

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Rushing-1.jpg

Beautiful processing with a very old-fashioned feeling. This is so abstract...the subject doesn't look at all like water to me. You've succeeded very well in making this into a lovely, extracted image of something you saw...you are showing a lot, but not revealing much, which is often very difficult to do.

Beautiful processing with a very old-fashioned feeling. This is so abstract...the subject doesn't look at all like water to me. You've succeeded very well in making this into a lovely, extracted image of something you saw...you are showing a lot, but not revealing much, which is often very difficult to do.

Thanks ... I really was happy with this one. And there's some good memories with it as well. This was a roll I shot while out with my son ...

Agree with Darrel; it's really not about it being water any more, just a well done abstract image!

Agree with Darrel; it's really not about it being water any more, just a well done abstract image!
Agree here, it is an abstract now, in some way it works.
On technical note, underexposed and overdeveloped.

Agree here, it is an abstract now, in some way it works.
On technical note, underexposed and overdeveloped.

Thanks :) I don't have in my notes that I pushed though ... But I did add contrast & clarity after scanning.

Muddy mid-tones and very few of them,, blocked highlights and black shades. Basically your picture contain a lot of zone 1 standing right by zone 10 and very little inbetween. There are some areas looking like zone 6, but it is featureless and looks like forced development. Without that you would achieve almost graphical effect, which IMO would work even better in direction of an abstract..

Most reactions

Back