Sad Boy

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picture of my son the rising model. He was not really sad or crying but was able to pose long enough for me to capture some sadness..I used many techniques in this image to
give it the look i was trying to shoot for. Not quite there yet but trying.

zion_crying by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I really don't like the processing - his skin looks all funky.

He's a really cute kid though - what does the original look like?

Yeah I know his skin is weird I was hoping someone could chime in and help me figure this technique out.

Artist - Jill Greenberg's

Samples
Crying Babies - ABC News

Jill Greenberg Studio :: Photos

I saw one video on you tube about using the burn and dodge tool but I am not as successful at this method but, I really like the style. Personally I would rather use this technique on happy laughing kids!

dont the original anymore I tossed it by accident

Here is another attempt. I think colors are better but getting soft. Jill Greenburg seems to be able to keep it soft and sharp. She is in a whole other league that I am far far away from.

zion_cryingA by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I think you may be looking for the Dave Hill look. Try this tutorial: Creating That Dave Hill Look | DIYPhotography.net

There are a lot of different tutorials out there that seek to achieve that effect. Just Google: Dave Hill Look and you'll find a bunch. Play with them till you find the one that works for you, then maybe tweak it to best fit your own vision for what you want to do.

Most reactions

Back