Sad news regarding KmH (Keith)

RIP. I will miss his posts and comments.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to bring news of the untimely loss of one of our members.

Keith, KmH KmH
WebFramedPortrait+-+Copy.jpg

Orl3Bn2.jpg

Keith Martin Harrod, 64 | News, Sports, Jobs - Times Republican

At this time I want to stress that we have received no official notification of this news. What we know is what we found when we went looking once we'd noticed he hadn't been around for a while (and using only his name as shown in his own blog). We are, however, confident that the date posted lines up with his last activity on the site (the day before) and also his interests in photography, trains, physics and astronomy (to name but a few that he shared here on the forums with us).

I'd like to invite all members to join us in a moment to offer our sympathies toward his family and to take time to remember him as we each knew him. As someone with a love of photography who had no trouble sharing his love of the camera and photography, but who also brought to us his interests in other fields of astronomy and trains.

I'd like to end with one of the train trips he shared with us;

RIP. He will be missed.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Keith had a lot of photography knowledge and was very helpful with his advice. A valued member of the community it's sad news. My heart goes out to his family at this difficult time.

I am deeply saddened to hear this unfortunate news.The news of his passing hit me like a ton of bricks. Keith was a guy with a fantastic understanding of many aspects of photography and digital imaging, image processing, and printing and preparing image for printing. he really cared a lot, and did many thousands of helpful posts. He will be sorely missed. He was a TPF stalwart, if ever there was one. There shall never be another man quite like him. I hope his family reads these posts, these tributes to him, and understands--he was a one-of-a-kind dude. He was special. He will be missed.

I feel like sharing this Log into Facebook | Facebook

It's from the Amateur Astronomers of Central Iowa group mentioned in the newspaper article with a good quote
"He was there every Friday night that it was clear setting up his scope and his goal was to impart all of the knowledge he had with everyone that would come"

Sorry to hear this,My deepest condolences to family and friends.R.I.P. Keith.

Sorry to hear about Keith. He shared so much and will be missed.

RIP Keith. Haven't been here long, but he was very helpful. He will be missed.

Hmm, just need someone to take a round trip Amtrak from NY to Ottumwa to complete it.

I’m very sorry to hear of Keith’s passing, if his family reads this I send condolences. I’m sure he will be missed by many. I remember when I first started on here, whenever I posted a photo for feedback I always appreciated his comments. RIP.

Losing an on-line friend or long-time acquaintance is a weird feeling.
If you or they simply stopped visiting the same sites, it's not a big deal....people grow and change...life goes on.
But when you hear that someone has passed away...it hits much harder...harder that you expect. They suddenly feel more like a friend that you really knew.

This site will not be the same without Keith but I'm thankful for the significant contributions he's made to it over the years.

RIP Keith.

Most reactions

Back