Sad Reality

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hesitated on posting this photo for a while now. I took this , looking out the tinted windows of a car and tried not to capture the persons face. I dont usually shoot street photos, but this one caught my eye. While this homeless lady slept, the pigeons were feeding on her meal. Sort of shows the other side to the excellent JonMikal post of pigeon man, where the pigeons will come take your food while you sleep.

121_2160a.JPG

There are voyeuristic approaches to this undoubtedly real problem, and approaches that maintain the person's dignity.
I say you chose the latter approach.
Congratulations.
I would be way too timid to even try this, but I can only say, wow, well done how you did it. This is a very good photo.

I take a lot of shots like this in the Philippines, and I did post some, but I do feel a sense of regret. This forum shouldn't be a political venue, even though you and I are trying to express our empathy towards a very sad situation/reallity of society. Personally, I see so many selfish people in my life, who have no idea how good they have it, so I guess it's an attempt towards suggesting to people that life is not so bad.

I commend you for your integrity, and think the shot and the thread are in good taste. well done!!

Very well done. I think this photo says a lot, and also has a strong statement about the way our society is. It made me think about what some people do not have, and how bad it really can be. Nice job.

great shot chiller....i agree with lafoto...you did good not making this about the one person, but about homeless in general....and i agree with canoncan...makes ya think..and thats what photography is about....really really deep.

wish i had more original stuff, but everyone said what i wanted to...except, keep it coming, i havent seen one from you i havent liked....you have such a different view on things... i dig it...

Most reactions

Back