What's new

Saddle

jenko

TPF Supporters
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
652
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The purpose of this image is decor. We are redecorating my daughter's room and she wants an equestrian theme. We decided on black and white for all the photos so if she ever changes her mind about the colors, they will still "match." She does not know yet what color she wants to paint the walls.

0sdl1_zps1bf69969.jpg
 
If it were mine picture, I would tone down that brightest almost white "thing" (sorry but I really don't know how you call that), because I can't not to look just at it.

other than that little thing, I like it for your daughter's room :)
 
mmaria, that is the saddle horn. I personally don't think it needs toned down. I like it as is.
 
well... what do I know.... ;)
 
probably more than I do, which is why I said "I personally". (attempt at humor).

It may very well look amazing toned down, idk. My thought was that is the white for the black & white.
 
You know what the "thing" is, so yes, you know more than I do :hug::

I , personally ;) think that if she tones the "thing" down a bit then the other parts of the saddle, lines, tones and light will be noticeable more.

I think we should really ask her daughter. She's the judge here... and even if she likes you all I will still think the same. No I'm not stubborn, I'm just right here :)
 
How sure are you about that wallpaper in the background? I guess if your daughter wants it, then I suppose, but it really doesn't fit, IMO.

Also, just for grins and giggles, why not try some other treatments, such as sepia? Sepia goes with lots of colors.

Or her "favorite color" such as blue, red, orange, just not pink, please.
 
If it were mine picture, I would tone down that brightest almost white "thing" (sorry but I really don't know how you call that), because I can't not to look just at it.

other than that little thing, I like it for your daughter's room :)

Thanks for the feedback, maria! :) I see what you mean about it being too bright. I may try a toned down version. Appreciate it!


mmaria, that is the saddle horn. I personally don't think it needs toned down. I like it as is.

Hey, ron, thanks for commenting! :)


You know what the "thing" is, so yes, you know more than I do :hug::

I , personally ;) think that if she tones the "thing" down a bit then the other parts of the saddle, lines, tones and light will be noticeable more.

I think we should really ask her daughter. She's the judge here... and even if she likes you all I will still think the same. No I'm not stubborn, I'm just right here :)

My daughter likes it, but she likes anything with a saddle or a horse! lol


How sure are you about that wallpaper in the background? I guess if your daughter wants it, then I suppose, but it really doesn't fit, IMO.

Also, just for grins and giggles, why not try some other treatments, such as sepia? Sepia goes with lots of colors.

Or her "favorite color" such as blue, red, orange, just not pink, please.

My daughter picked the background. I think she wanted something a little feminine in the image. Good idea about the sepia and other treatments. I will give that a try, thanks! :)
 
Try photographing the saddle in the tack room, or on a bale, just to see if she likes it. What color is her room now?
 
No comment on the quality of the picture, other than I like it. All I can think is WHY they would want a picture of such a low quality saddle, lol. I grew up with ranch horses, working cattle. I'm super picky on my saddles and Big Horns are...well...not good.

That is all. Little bit of tongue in cheek humor.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom