Safari-Pilansberg South africa

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been away from the forum for a while, glad to be back. Spent 4 days in Pilansberg SA, and had a great time. Saw some things I've never seen before, did not manage to snap everything, but got a few shots regardless.

Will update this thread as I get through all my photos. Thanks for looking, as always, C&C, more than welcome.

#1 White Rhino

#2 2 Thick knee parents trying to get the Rhino, not to trample their nest

Last edited:
Was this luck? I saw a rhino when I was in Etosha National Park in Namibia a couple of years ago but it was in the bush a couple of hundred yards from the track and you could only tell it was a rhino and not a rock because it moved. ;)

Was this luck? I saw a rhino when I was in Etosha National Park in Namibia a couple of years ago but it was in the bush a couple of hundred yards from the track and you could only tell it was a rhino and not a rock because it moved. ;)
Was amazed at how many rhinos we saw, and how close we got. Saw 6 to 7 rhinos per drive. Even saw the highly endangered black rhino on our last drive. Seeing as 3 of these magnificent beasts are slaughtered every day, for their horns, we were very privileged.

Awesome set! :icon_thumleft: Looking forward to seeing more shots!
Thank you.

All nice pics. Awesome shots on the rhinos (my favorite large, land animal) and that pic of the the Lilac breasted roller is one cool looking bird with that amazing plumage!

Beautiful photo's, Looks like a great vacation.

Great shots! Who won the battle over the nest?

Looks like a great time, awesome photos
Thank you.

All nice pics. Awesome shots on the rhinos (my favorite large, land animal) and that pic of the the Lilac breasted roller is one cool looking bird with that amazing plumage!
Thank you. Yes, one of my favourite African birds.
Beautiful photo's, Looks like a great vacation.
Thank you, was a great few days in the bush.

Great shots! Who won the battle over the nest?
Thank you. The Rhino did not take much notice of them, but they calmed down when he moved past. I think their nest was in the shrubs just behind him.

#9 European Bee-eaters

#11 Lioness being bugged by flies
49142368698_d93466fff0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great set! First thing I saw was the bird giving that rhino a piece of it's mind. Some beautiful shots, hope there are more. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back