Safrotto or Mekko, "Domke like" camera bags

Egray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to buy one of these "Domke like" camera bags that seemed to have been all the rage sometime between 2007 and 2010. Now, there seems to be no trace of the Safrotto make anywhere apart from some old and sold secondary market listings. The Mekko brand, however, still has a website which looks and acts more like a tombstone. I've contacted them without any reply.
Domke seems to have won the war over Ebay and Amazon, but maybe there's a new under-cutter who's picked up the torch? Carried it to some marketplace I've never heard of. Alibaba has been no help - miserable website to visit, I must say.
Anyway, it's a mystery and I've just wasted 3 hours (more like 6) with the belief that nothing just disappears anymore. But maybe some things just do...
The Safrotto was called the CF-700, and the Mekko, F-0803 - The mekko Photo Bag - Super Series. Both of which are Domke F-803 clones, and reported to have been better quality than the original. Well, the Safrotto at least.
00BYCK-22430184.jpg

Hello and welcome, there are lots of camera bags on the market. Try Amazon or eBay.

Hello and welcome, there are lots of camera bags on the market. Try Amazon or eBay.
I've tried both. I'm looking for one of these specific bags. They were everywhere for a while...

Most reactions

Back