Salt Lake City vista, Summer 2012

CanonJim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going through some of the pics I took while out West on vacation last summer, and thought this one turned out fairly well. It's from the 26th floor observation deck of the LDS Office Building in SLC, looking west. That's North Temple Street on the right, heading out towards the lake, sooner or later. The red streaks are the construction work for the light rail system they're putting in - North Temple was pretty torn up while we were there, at the KOA just out of town. The Salt Palace Convention Center is just behind the tall brown building left of center, and City Creek Center is just below and left of it. Sharp eyed viewers can also see the Deseret News building, and the Union Pacific Railroad Station just above the center. The air was a bit smoky and dusty from the dryness and brush fires out there this summer, but I was still impressed with the clarity. Handheld, just poked the camera out the observation portholes on the deck. Canon 10-22mm lens on my 50D.

A larger file with more detail can be found here, if anyone is interested...

Salt Lake Valley Looking West, from LDS Office Building_lrg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Attachments

• $Salt Lake Valley Looking West, from LDS Office Building_med.jpg
    $Salt Lake Valley Looking West, from LDS Office Building_med.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 71
The weather in your photo looks a lot nicer then it does in Salt Lake today.

The photo is over saturated though.

Most reactions

Back