Salvage job

Thanks and yes, you spotted a fudge. In the first version I didn't add the vignette, when I tried to add it later it came out white so I did another basic edit in LR, added the vignette to that and cut that out in PSE and pasted it on top of the first version. It's not as good as it could be so I may have another go. :)

It's not just the shade... it also doesn't have any grain. to me.. almost ALL sepia should have some kind of noticeable grain.

Ahhh yes! I wondered what else looked wrong, I put some grain on the original (maybe not enough - I'll see how some more looks.) but none on the pasted in vignette. I'll sort that all out tomorrow and repost. :thumbup:

Last edited:
grain is a tricky thing... generally you should add it AFTER you resize to your final resolution. otherwise it gets too small (or too large) when resizing.

Thanks for that tip. Much appreciated. It's logical when you think about it.

Here's the re-edit. I re did the vignette and added the grain as suggested. I experimented with various strengths of grain and settled on this lighter one as what I think looks best. Aiming for the look, not authenticity.

$Beforeandafter2web.jpg

Most reactions

Back