Same Day Courier! Kinda....

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh the irony!

Yesterday I get a call from "Same Day Couriers" letting me know they have my darkroom chemicals and need to set up an appointment for them to come drop the package off. A little odd but yay same day shipping! (the fact that I got the email from Henry's on Tuesday saying it was shipped should have tipped me off :lmao:)

So I call them to set up the appointment. They are experiencing a high volume of calls so I get to hear over and over again that they don't leave those annoying door hangers! They set up an appointment JUST FOR YOU! Now we get a little Canadian and I giggle.... "need to ship a canoe? Fridge? Couch? we do that!" I'm quite looking forward to setting up the appointment! I get to play in the darkroom soon!......

Then she answered....

It takes her forever to figure out when they will be in Hanover, to ultimately hear they will be here MONDAY BETWEEN 9 and 5! lmao!!

Some day I will get to play but not today! Or Saturday, or Sunday.... MAYBE Monday!

So, you Canadians have a different definition for "same day" than the rest of the known universe, eh?
Well, just keep calm and pass the time eating some of that ham y'all call "bacon" up there. :lmao:

Yay for darkroom chemicals though! You can spend the weekend making sure you have plenty of photos to be processed...

lol Apparently we do Sharon!

Little secret, I don't really like Peameal Bacon much (also known as Canadian Bacon) but shhhhhh don't tell anyone!

Ah see that's where the rub comes in Sharon, while I DO have my Canon AE1 I'm not positive it is light proof so I don't want to run too many films through before confirming it is working well, I have one film done and ready to process and one almost done in the camera, I went a little stir crazy when my baby broke lol

"Same Day" means that they will be there the same day as promised; Monday.

Sometime between 9 and 5

Because that's your appointment time. :lmao:

lol! Ahhhhh now THAT makes sense! lol

Too funny.

I ordered a 25mm f1.8 lens from Olympus CA on March 20 & they said it would be shipped in 7-10 days. It is now April 25 & it still has not shipped. BTW, it gets shipped from Olympus US.

So it seems same day here is like 7-10 days US.

Shipping's a little different here but when I ordered some chemistry it had labels on it that said watch out, run for your life, someone's going to develop a picture! Not really, but there are more restrictions these days on shipping some items, even chemistry that's just for use in a darkroom; it has to be ground not air I think so it can take longer.

You're in Canada, next time just order some hockey sticks and tape and Red Green them into a photo easel while you're waiting (I say as both games I'm watching are in intermission.)

Now that I think about it, I've gotten hockey merchandise from Canada that had yellow caution tape all over the box from going thru customs - guess those kind of things coming out of Canada can be pretty scary! lol

Canadian business, and Canadians in general usually run at a much slower pace. Laid back they are.

Canadian business, and Canadians in general usually run at a much slower pace. Laid back they are.

Cannot say I agree with this, unless you consider this slow.

We built a six lane, 69km expressway which included 130 new bridges (plus 50 pre-built bridges without approaches) including three 4 level freeway interchanges in 4 years. :cheer:

Same Day - the package goes to your door the same day the truck arrives at your house.

SAME DAY DELIVERY(*) IS US!

* Shall not be construed as a promise of performance, but only as an aspirational goal, that is, if we feel like it that day. Otherwise, it is a very convenient marketing message that sucks people like you in believing that we actually will do "same day" delivery... So the fine print is "Same day delivery will be defined as the day we deliver it".

Cannot say I agree with this, unless you consider this slow.

We built a six lane, 69km expressway which included 130 new bridges (plus 50 pre-built bridges without approaches) including three 4 level freeway interchanges in 4 years. :cheer:
just my experience importing stuff from Canada. it all moved much slower and usually not on time or on schedule. i spent a week waiting for something to come off the line once in Quebec and the guy told me to "take my wife to the zoo. have you guys seen the zoo?"
i just about had a heartache when he said that. The stuff was already scheduled to be sold and transferred the next day and it wasn't even running on the production line yet.
i spent a week in a hotel room waiting for something that was supposed to be off the line before i even got there. And they still closed at night and on the weekend. In the u.s. they would have ran overtime and a third and weekend shift if they were behind production schedule.
Another place, met with the owner who seemed i should have felt lucky he came in on a Saturday. not a thing going on the floor, no workers. He starts talking about how much time he had to get the order together. Then he decides he has to go to lunch. Just much different there from my little experience..

don't take that the wrong way. kind of nice in a way. u.s. is too hurry hurry and totally revolves around money. so in a way Canada in that sense seemed better quality of life wise. just when you have a list of people relying on schedules and a huge costly trickle down effect with your phone ringing off the hook and people yelling because they are going off schedule (and costing money) you get kind of annoyed seeing a production line sitting there shut down because they all went to lunch or took the weekend off.

i seemed to spend one in three truck loads shipped from there sugar coating it with customers trying not to get sued and working on "delay issues". Eventually i started paying off the head sales guys in a couple places and throwing money at the guys on the floor making it but the owners flipped out on me for it. i really just needed the crap out the door and shipped i lost track of how many times i was threatened to be sued..

Oh, Quebec, I forgot about Quebec, they are a distinct society. :lol:

That was indeed a troubling experience Bribrius.

Here in Ontario where our son works in the engineering department of a manufacturing facility, it is not uncommon for him to be working overtime & on weekends resolving problems on the shop floor in order to meet deadlines. Different world altogether from what you experienced.

Now talk about laid back, try Mexico or the Caribbean islands.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back