Same Waterfall Only Diffrent angle and lighting

donny1963

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Same Waterfall Only Diffrent angle and lighting
lowellfalls1.jpg

Very nice, Scenes like these are what make me want to learn how to capture what this great earth has to offer.

Awesome shot. Are you using a filter of any kind? If yes please do tell.

NO, no filter what so ever, that is why there is a glare, i was hoping for some type of rainbow effect but not quite, a glare tho..

I didn't even plan on this shot, i was in my car and i often photography this waterfall, but i normally use a full frame camera to do this.
But i got this picture with a Canon 50D, and i was shocked of the quality i got with that camera..Normally i would never shoot landscape with a crop camera.

In fact i try to stay away from filters, Unless they are high quality filters. you can do all the filter effects now in Photoshop.
I use to use one but not any more, 2 reasons, #1 most filters have poor quality optics.
the first thing a camera store tries to do when you buy a lens, is sell you a filter, or a protective filter saying you want to protect the coating of your lens, that is nonsense, first off why would i want to put a crappy $20.00 piece of glass or plastic over my $1800.00 lense? does that make any sense? when you go take Pictures on a good L series lens and cover it with a piece of **** filter that will make your image look worst why would you want to do that?
You go out and by a nice lens with nice optics, and then cover it with a $20.00 piece of crap, doesn't make sense to me, in fact any one who does it is just defeating the quality of their lens.
The second reason is you don't really need it...
Donny

Most reactions

New Topics

Back