San Diego Pride Weekend (NSFWish)

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the last couple of days San Diego Pride has been going on, so I decided to go out and test the K-1 and get some good photos of the parade and rally. I didn't get to go last year because of the rain, but this year had clear skies (hot as hell though and I got a bit sunburnt lol)

The 5-year-old son of Denice Williams and Dana Toppel waves a rainbow flag at the Spirit of Stonewall Awards rally during the San Diego Pride weekend. His parents, both women, were recognized as the Inspirational Couple for their activism in the local LGBTQ community and with individuals who have HIV.
_IMG0419.jpg

_IMG0441.jpg

A group of parade participants holding a rainbow "ORLANDO" in remembrance of those killed in the nightclub shooting last month.
_IMG0487.jpg

If you've got it flaunt it.
_IMG0457.jpg

Law enforcement from several jurisdictions and agencies participated in the parade and were met with a positive response.
_IMG0547.jpg

_IMG0643.jpg

_IMG0659.jpg

Of course, there were the usual protesters as well. I think I saw this guy at the parade in L.A. last year as well.
_IMG0679.jpg

I think you did a fine job here - lots of good people-watching, and great capture of emotion. Your subjects clearly had no problem interacting with a photographer, which adds to the sense of fun. I can definitely get the feeling of this parade based on your shots, which is what good photojournalism is all about.

That said, would you mind if I moved this thread from the General gallery to the Photojournalism one? It's a much better fit there.

Again, nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back