San Fran

Reaper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
After watching all of your posts for a while I finally decided to put up a few pics of my trip to San Francisco. I took these pics with a 2.0 point and shoot digital camera as this is all I have... for now.

P2270431a.jpg

P2270507a.jpg

P2270515a.jpg

P2270513a.jpg

P2270653A.jpg

P2280687a.jpg

As I have said many times before, it is not the camera that takes the photos, it is the person behind it. And any camera is good enough if you have "the eye". The way in which you framed your motifs, especially in Photo 5, shows me that you have quite "the eye". Thanks for sharing these with us.

Finally some photos from a place I really love ... And great photos these are! The composition in #5 is just awesome! Also, #6 is quite an interesting angle and composition. So LaFoto, you're absolutely right, it is "teh eye" that makes good pictures!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! As it was my first post you could imagine I was quite nervous about what the reactions would be like.
I had a great time in San Francisco and Alcatraz was just amazing! I have more pics of inside that I will try to find the best of to post later. Unfortunately a lot of the jail is closed for safety reasons but it looks like there is a lot of construction going on to try to restore it. There were also some of the other buildings outside of the jail on the island as well as the exercise yards that were closed off too. Some for safety and some for a bird sanctuary that the owners (Golden Gates Parks?) have set up to help endangered birds have a safe place to mate and such.

NXCEXPOSED, to get onto the island they have a ferry that leaves every half hour or so. It's a very short ride, about 10 minutes. Can't remember the price because I booked it online with a 3 hour city tour in a package. I would recommend a visit to Alcatraz to anyone. I definately plan on going back when hopefully more of the jail will be safe enough to tour that I missed this time around.
Thanks again for looking!

Great to see some pics from you. All of these are really cool. I love the one with the flag, and Alcatraz in the back. I would love to go there one day and see that. Great shots, and I look forward to seeing more from you.

man, i cant pick a favorite one..these are great....i love the flag and alcatraz pic... the goldengate bridge is just cool....

love the third and fourth pic's (the seacrows are killer...) but the buildings are really cool.... great shots...all of them... keep posting reaper...you have a great talent...

Thanks for your compliments Chiller, aprilraven & dalebe. I have a few more picks from inside the jail that I plan on posting tonight.
The first pic that looks like a model town was actually taken from the other side of the Golden Gate bridge. Whie everyone was busy posing with the bridge in the background I just turned around and saw that little piece of land and thought "wow, that looks neat". It did turn out to look like a model of some miniature village though and I think that's why I like that picture so much.
Thanks for taking the time to look.

Good series. The first picture does look like a miniture set, I see why you like it. I also like the way you composed 4 and 5.

I really love the 4th and 5th frames. Very nicely done!

Great photos mate!
It's amazing the kick you can get out of those little 2mp cameras. I managed to survive on one for a whole year (until it died *sob*). Then I got the big Canon 350D but then also went out and bought a little point and shoot just because I love how handy they are. They should definately not be knocked. I love em!

I can't wait to go back to america one day!

Most reactions

Back