Sand Notes

marcookie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My second attempt at an abstract dune shot... I titled it "Sand Notes" because the shape of the main feature reminded me of a musical note.
A good exercise in figuring out how light and shadows play on the sand. The shapes change so fast close to sunset.

Ilford FP4+ (cropped 4x5) - 135 Nikkor W @f32

Sand_notes_sma.jpg

This was taken on the sand dunes in Cape Cod, MA.
Some details about this shot are recorded in this video, where I also talk about travel in landscape photography, and setting an intent when reaching a certain location. Having an intent definitely helped in taking this particular image. During my first visit to Cape Cod, I was shocked that in m any placed it looked like a desert on the East Coast --- and this is what I wanted to show. More videos coming!

Nice shot.

Provide the time on your vlog when you discuss this shot? As an aside, I suggest you reduce the talking on the vlog and show more pictures.

Nice shot.

Provide the time on your vlog when you discuss this shot? As an aside, I suggest you reduce the talking on the vlog and show more pictures.

This is the only shot I discuss. Pretty much all the video is about it, except the introduction. Shooting large format at 5-10 dollars a shot makes me more selective on what I shoot

Most reactions

Back