SanDisk "Card Locked" (but it's not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnus1225

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This problem came out of no where. I turned on my camera to take some pictures and it reads "memory card error" on the top. And if I go to view my pictures on the camera it says the same on the top and on the bottom it says "card locked". So I take the card on and discover there is a little slider on the side of the card with the word lock to it (didn't know this before) so I fix that, dont know how it got switched, put it back in, same message!

It's not my camera. I have a PowerShot A710. The card that is giving me problems is a 2 gig sandisk card, but I also have a 16 mg SD card that came with the camera. Tried that, and it works. Like I said, it's not the camera. Also, I was just using my camera the day before, no problems, and the night before I took some pictures off of it, no problem. I really dont know how it could've just went BOOM and died? See I am studying abroad in Paris right now and have quite a few pictures on this card that I would hate to lose!

When I put the card into my computer it comes up, I click it, and the bar that shows how much memory is left is completely red, and it says there is 0 space for memory (which isn't true) I think I could probably format the card and it would work? But, those pictures would be lost. Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

This problem came out of no where. I turned on my camera to take some pictures and it reads "memory card error" on the top. And if I go to view my pictures on the camera it says the same on the top and on the bottom it says "card locked". So I take the card on and discover there is a little slider on the side of the card with the word lock to it (didn't know this before) so I fix that, dont know how it got switched, put it back in, same message!

It's not my camera. I have a PowerShot A710. The card that is giving me problems is a 2 gig sandisk card, but I also have a 16 mg SD card that came with the camera. Tried that, and it works. Like I said, it's not the camera. Also, I was just using my camera the day before, no problems, and the night before I took some pictures off of it, no problem. I really dont know how it could've just went BOOM and died? See I am studying abroad in Paris right now and have quite a few pictures on this card that I would hate to lose!

When I put the card into my computer it comes up, I click it, and the bar that shows how much memory is left is completely red, and it says there is 0 space for memory (which isn't true) I think I could probably format the card and it would work? But, those pictures would be lost. Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Can you see the pics on your computer?

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Put the card in question in your computer. Open up the command prompt and do a checkdisc on it. See if it works after that. It normally solves my memory card problems. And you shouldn't lose any data, unless the card is borked.

Thanks guys for the quick responses,

No I can't see the pictures at all.

When I try to run checkdisk I get this message "chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" ?????

Sandisk cards usually come with a recovery tool, do you have it?

If not, try putting a piece of Scotch tape over the side of the card where the lock switch is located.

If you are in trouble dueto you..

Jeez. You gotta dredge up a two-year-old thread in order to post your SPAM? I would think the OP solved the issue long before you started ignoring the forum rules here about advertising.

Let's see if THIS advertisement gets deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back