Sandisk Extreme 45 MB/s Vs Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s (16GB)

timarp000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I need to buy a good SD card. the extreme pro is 3 times the price of the extreme in my country. is the extra 50MB/s worth it? Is the Extreme enough for a Nikon D7000 @ 7fps RAW?

When did the D7000 go to 7fps?
CalvinHuh.gif

Don't get the impression that a 'fast' card is going to really keep up. Card speeds generally mean how fast they can write to your computer, not how fast they can record camera image data. Even at the D7000's max of 6fps, in a couple seconds you'll fill the buffer in Ch. If you need to consistently shoot dozens of photos continuously, you'll need to shoot JPEG.

Yep The D7000 it doesn't Make any difference when you shoot with a 30mb Speed Card or a 95mb Speed Card only when Downloading The Images.

Just get a card with a high class number. class 10 is the highest.

I shoot a Canon 7d and have to say that the faster cards do help if you have A very fast camera. Typically my buffer fills with a 30mbps card after about 6-7 shots, but if I use a 60mbs or higher I can do the cameras specified limit of 25+

the class doesn't really matter. I just bought a class 10 card that is too slow. You have to look at the write speed. Sparky, what card do you recommend?

45mb/s should be quite fast enough. How often do you shoot at full burst with your camera? I don't shoot with a Nikon but have a 7D. I can shoot at full burst with 45mb/s with no lag at 18mp. So you should be fine. I would save the money or buy 3 cards.

the class doesn't really matter. I just bought a class 10 card that is too slow. You have to look at the write speed. Sparky, what card do you recommend?

But isn't the classes designed for the different write speeds?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back