Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Speed

LoveMyDaughter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For a Nikon D7500 or D500, is the 170mb/s SD card fast enough? The 300 mb/s cards are way more expensive, but I also don't want to be disappointed. Also, do those cameras work well with 128 gb cards?

You should be fine. I use the 64MB 150mb/s cards in my D750 and haven't had any issues,

Thanks guys.

And I have not ordered her new camera yet, so don't have a manual. Was hoping to order everything at once.

That is really handy that they are online, thanks.

I tend to use higher speed cards, particularly on cameras with larger file sizes in continuous fps. The slower cards buffers just filled too quickly. From that point, I found the extra price was worth it.

I tend to use higher speed cards, particularly on cameras with larger file sizes in continuous fps. The slower cards buffers just filled too quickly. From that point, I found the extra price was worth it.

I think this gets to the point. Even if the camera will accept the card, does your technique require it? Even though my camera will go up to 20fps, I normally use 11 fps and then only for a fraction of a second. So for a quick burst, most cards are fine. Today a Bald Eagle flew overhead and I shot continuously until the buffer filled up as I was only going to get one shot at this opportunity. My cards are fast but not the fastest and that works for me but for others the extra expense is worth it.

For a Nikon D7500 or D500, is the 170mb/s SD card fast enough? The 300 mb/s cards are way more expensive, but I also don't want to be disappointed. Also, do those cameras work well with 128 gb cards?

I'm going to hear plenty about this, but I'd guess most of your images, exposed properly, will turn out just fine as a
fine jpeg. You will gain space and take a load off the buffer---if you get a rig with 2 card slots then you're all set for raw card of your choice as well. Some cameras will allow you (with 2 cards) to shoot jpeg and raw at the same time, the same image.

I'm going to hear plenty about this, but I'd guess most of your images, exposed properly, will turn out just fine as a
fine jpeg.

You won't get any guff from me. I shot jpeg only for quite some time until I had a camera with dual card slots and now shoot jpeg to one card and raw to the other. Out of habit I now edit mostly raws but most of the time, with minor tweaks or not at all, the jpegs would be fine.

Its all up to you, but the camera itself is not capable of using the EXTRA high speed connectors on the newest designs coming out.

However capacity is what you consider

I think z D750 has a write speed of around 70MB/s, so as long as your card has a write speed faster than your cameras write speed you should get maximum performance.

Once you have decided on what camera you want, google it and buy a card that's a little faster. Normally the maximum read speed is what's adveritsed, so you may have to look into it a little on the interweb to find out what the write speeds are.

I think z D750 has a write speed of around 70MB/s, so as long as your card has a write speed faster than your cameras write speed you should get maximum performance.

Once you have decided on what camera you want, google it and buy a card that's a little faster. Normally the maximum read speed is what's adveritsed, so you may have to look into it a little on the interweb to find out what the write speeds are.

Write speeds have been tested at 80mb/sec. See the reference below (again).

Nikon D7500 Fastest SD Cards Compared Write Speed Tests for D7500 Digital Camera - Camera Memory Speed Comparison & Performance tests for SD and CF cards

I got her a D7500 camera, and 5 cards with 170 mb/S so the card is actually faster than the camera is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back