Santa rocked my world this year.

Sweet! He sounds like a keeper! Can't wait to see the images!

Best,
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew he'd gotten me something photography related (he's got the photo bug too) and maybe even a camera but I didn't expect this!
Isn't it nice...:wav: Wave for your boyfriend !
So... maybe now a new 365 project with this camera ?

I knew he'd gotten me something photography related (he's got the photo bug too) and maybe even a camera but I didn't expect this!
Isn't it nice...:wav: Wave for your boyfriend !
So... maybe now a new 365 project with this camera ?

Oooh, 365 project! It's very tempting but I'll be too busy this next semester and have a feeling I'll fail early :) I am considering a 52 rolls project instead.

Oooh, 365 project! It's very tempting but I'll be too busy this next semester and have a feeling I'll fail early :) I am considering a 52 rolls project instead.
Hey, this is more frames than 365, much more !
Good luck with your study and best wishes for 2014.

Cool beans! Some nice squares oughtta' be forthcoming!

You bet!

So he bought you all these books? Great, I love books too.

kidding :) Great really! Nice man you have there :)

May we please see your first shot? ceilings can be interesting :)

The books! :mrgreen: We actually both have a sickness for cameras and books.

He is quite a nice man, thank you! :) And Santa was nice to him, as well. He got a Voigtlander Perkeo and also a bunch of film. He found the camera back before Thanksgiving, actually, and wanted to buy it but it was over his budget, so I gave him the money I would have spent on his gift anyway (we have a set amount) so he could buy the camera. He ordered it and I promptly took it away from him until Christmas morning. :)

Just like mine, has it got the blue spot lens ? i have the 80mm blue spot and 125mm you will love using this camera the 80mm is so sharp
This is one of my shooting buddies shot @ F2.8

Yes, mine is a blue dot lens, too. I am so looking forward to seeing what it can do! :)

The Lubitel is surprisingly good for what it is, but this is my first really serious TLR and if it weren't for my splitting headache and the yukky weather, I'd be out right now burning through that first roll. Guess I'll have to see how it handles low indoor light ;)

Headache from too much beer if so you are a proper woman

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Hey, this is more frames than 365, much more !
Good luck with your study and best wishes for 2014.

It's true, but I only have to shoot a roll a week. I don't have to necessarily share the results of that film immediately. More shooting but less pressure of posting a picture every day. And I'd have to share the burden with my 35mm cameras since I definitely have more 35mm film at the moment. And then there's the Polaroid. I have a lot of shooting to do next year! :)

Headache from too much beer if so you are a proper woman

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Holiday dinners come with wine in my family, so this headache is blamed on the grape juice, (and possibly the after-dinner Scotch,) but I am also quite fond of a nice afternoon pint! :)

New toyz under the tree are always welcome, no?

In case you don't have it, this site is the motherlode of Mamy TLR lore:

Graham Patterson

Oooh, that is the motherlode! Thanks for the link. It has been duly bookmarked :)

And by Santa, I don't mean the fat elf from the North Pole. I mean my awesome boyfriend who actually pays attention to things I say and like. And by 'rocked my world,' I do not mean anything kinky. Sorry to disappoint :)

Here's what I do mean:

View attachment 62837

She's already loaded with some HP5 and my first shot is of the ceiling when I accidentally tripped the shutter. Go me! :)

Keep the following in mind!

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• $image-81359143.jpg
    $image-81359143.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 162
Sweet camera. Look for either the correct hood for the taking lens or the weirdo juice box hood that shields both lenses. Hoods can squeeze a bit more contrast out of older Mamiya lenses, even the blue dots.

Sweet camera. Look for either the correct hood for the taking lens or the weirdo juice box hood that shields both lenses. Hoods can squeeze a bit more contrast out of older Mamiya lenses, even the blue dots.

Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't mind a real hood, but I also have no problems jerry-rigging a homemade hood :) I'll keep my eye out for one or the other.

May we please see your first shot? ceilings can be interesting :)

Well, I hate to disappoint, but the world will never see that shot. I completely bolloxed the developing on that roll. If anyone cares, Ilford HP5 is a lovely shade of pink after all the emulsion has been cooked off of it by too much Vitamin C in the homemade developer :er:

But the other two rolls of Delta 400 were fine and so I am able to make up for the disappointment of ruining the ceiling shot. Instead, we get to see the picture of the blurry tree that I took when I accidentally tripped the shutter after loading my second roll of film.

Go me! :cheer:

$Blurry tree.jpg

(Is it bad if I kinda like it? 'Cause I kinda do.)

The basic Mamiya L-grips convert these heavy metal bricks into something more ergonomically friendly. Fewer misfires, easier winding and focusing too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back