Sappy stuff

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Alright, this is going to be long so if you don't feel like reading, I won't be upset. You could even skip to the bottom to get the jist.

I've only been a member here for about a month but, like most of the people here, have become quickly addicted. My wife and I were talking and I relate to the people of the forum like I have been hanging out with ya'll at the Wal-Mart. She asked me why I like this forum so much. I had to think about it but I finally came up with a good answer.
I have been taking pictures for quite a while. My aunt has been a tremendous inspiration for me. About five years ago, I blew out some discs in my back and developed degenerative disc disease. All of my prior hobbies had to stop. I was an avid golfer and bowler. I can't do either of these now. I took more of an interest in my photography while I was looking for a way to deal with the life changes. Here's where you all come in. Most of my friends could care less about a picture so it has been an isolating hobby. Until I found the forum. Since I have joined, I have started moving in a better direction. I am starting to look for more inspiration in the pictures that you share while learning to take better pictures myself. Ya'll are like a big group of friends that I can hang out with, without leaving the house, that have my same interests. And most are crazier than me so I fit in pretty good.

Sorry to give ya'll a life story but just had to say thanks to all of you for being here and being such a great group of people. Yeah, it's kinda sappy but don't expect to help me pick out curtains or anything. :)

I'm just happy to hear that this little site that I created initially as nothing more than an experiment actually gives something back to some of the people that join it!

I think you're a good example of the kind of person that keeps other people coming back! :)

Yeah, it's kinda sappy

aint nothin' sappy about it. i love it when someone opens their heart and soul- it takes alot of courage.

sounds like you have an abundance of courage, and you have therefore, and thereby, given as well as you have recieved. :cheers:

1.....2.....3.....Ahhhhhh

titelbild_calvin.gif

It's not about great pictures to show off with, it's about the whole experience. Great picures are just a bonus...............

Wanna really feel seperated from the denziens of your reality? Try some alternative approaches like image transfers, SX-70 manipulations, or light painting. Buy a beanie, grow a goatee, get yourself a homebrewed beer, pop a squat, and chill with the rest of us art-fags (do they still call people that in middle and highschool?)

Then you grow up, get a real job, and hang on the forum :p

hobbes,

its great to have you here...and great to have you so close so that i can have a pal..your positive attitude is an inspiration to me....now give me a reacharound and ill be ok. :lol: :shock:

md

MD - only you would perve out at a sweet moment like this. (good boy)

It is nice to have a forum full of kindred spirits - isn't it? Group hug! :hug:

I think its great to have any place where people with the same interests can come together and feel welcomed. That is where this forum excels. Other forums may be good at other things like technique and gossiping about the latest in photography, but this is the only forum i have belonged to that i consider everyone a friend. I look at new members and love to watch there hobby flourish as it does here.
We all are constanly learning from one another, and we are all very humble in our craft. There is no massive egos or holier than thou attitudes, no newbie bashing, just a helpful and insightful group of photographers that love to help others in this challenging craft.
Aside from the learning aspect of this site, the forum is inviting because of the comradery we all share, there is very little drama if ever. We are all concerned for one anothers photography as well as their personal lives. This extended family that Chase created as an experiment has grown into the best community on the net. One that i am proud to be apart of and call home.
We all have stories on how we got here, and they are all interesting, the family feeling that we all share is what drives new people to the forum, and will continue to do so until Chase decides to end the experiment. LOL I just hope that not anytime soon.

MDowdey said:
hobbes,
its great to have you here...and great to have you so close so that i can have a pal..your positive attitude is an inspiration to me....now give me a reacharound and ill be ok. :lol: :shock:
md

Only MD could express it so eloquently! :lol: :lol: :lol: :spank:

I'm glad you gotten so much of this community. I definately feel it is the best online forum I've ever been a member of. The people are great and I have definately learned a ton since I started.

MDowdey said:
hobbes,

md
You're so wrong but it feels right :lol:

I whole heartedly agree! There are some amazing people here, the critiques are thoughtful and sharing a passsion with others is a great reward! Since having two young children, working and going to school puts a damper on my ability to get out much I love being able to hop on here and catch up at nights (or in the early mornings as I cram for my midterm *cough*)

Hobbes, I knew we were soul mates, you used to bowl?? My team took first place in the company league a few years ago. I even have my own ball & shoes, However, they don't do 10 pin here in NH, just candlepin. My average has taken a dive, but it's still fun!

Sorry about your back, I've got a friend with DDD and I know how painful that can be. I'm glad you found photography to keep you active.

hobbes28
I'm glad you're here, in this community!!
I love this place, i love it like a family of my own :D I have made friends here, shared some experiences and learned too.
This is the special corner of the internet I like the most to hang out :blulsh2:

I'm glad I found this place, the sense of community is great and had renewed my interest in photography. I love how places like this can bring people fro around the world together. I have found that to be the case with my forum on my site in regards to airplane geeks. It's one of the best things about the internet i think.

Most reactions

Back