Sarah and Tifa C&C

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had these posted to other places for a while, and it just occurred to me I never put them here.

I'm slipping. Sorry. :lol:

These were done a little while ago...

Have at it.

6777738917_d3cf83758b_z.jpg

6777739429_58b65bff61_z.jpg

6777739877_d261933dab_z.jpg

6777740103_8718905012_z.jpg

6777740347_054643649a_z.jpg

Man.

I'm gonna go back to posting in the Beginner's section.

Not even C&C from the usual suspects. :lol:

Hey I'm not normally in here - people are not my thing ;)
Buuuuut isn't that skin smoothing a little strong? It's sort of at that halfway point (to my eyes) where its too much for a natural look and not enough for a "human doll" type effect.

Skin smoothing is definitely over the top on #1,

The rest are suspect and just on the very borderline of being over the top. I can see the look you're going for, which is why it works in some of the images. But it's definitely pushing it a little.

Hey Miz E!

So did you do a lot of skin smoothing? If not, she has some unusually nice skin (or too much makeup!). I normally love your work.. and it breaks my heart to say I don't care for these! The pink hair.. just looks wrong. And she is a bit bright on the face... don't you think so? She looks like she has a lovely color.. but the highlights hide it!

I agree with the skin smoothing/painted eyes. #4 also has a odd blue shadow under her nose, and the shape around her mouth looks distorted/rounded when compared to #3.

On the subject of pink hair - in the first photo the shadowed parts look wrong. Like you've selectively recoloured the hair alone, but not changed it on the shadows - so they look far too dark.

Tough crowd eh? :D

Just a quick note, on #2 I'm instantly drawn to the defined line on her collar bone... it looks like it was drawn in by hand.

That's MUCH better. :lol:

Buuuuut isn't that skin smoothing a little strong?

Could be. Anything is possible. :lol:

Skin smoothing is definitely over the top on #1,

The rest are suspect and just on the very borderline of being over the top. I can see the look you're going for, which is why it works in some of the images. But it's definitely pushing it a little.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Hey Miz E!

So did you do a lot of skin smoothing? If not, she has some unusually nice skin (or too much makeup!). I normally love your work.. and it breaks my heart to say I don't care for these! The pink hair.. just looks wrong. And she is a bit bright on the face... don't you think so? She looks like she has a lovely color.. but the highlights hide it!

I did skin smoothing, yes. :sillysmi:

As far as the lighting is concerned, I may have pushed it a little because one of the first things she told me is that, for some reason, a lot of the photographers she works with always make her *darker* than she is in post and she hates that... so I made it a point to be conscious of that and and *not* do that... do I may have pushed it too far in the opposite direction, with lighting and post. :lol:

I agree with the skin smoothing/painted eyes. #4 also has a odd blue shadow under her nose, and the shape around her mouth looks distorted/rounded when compared to #3.

I'm not sure what you mean about painted eyes? Can you explain further? I'm also not sure what you mean about the shape of her mouth in #4? I never reshaped any part of her, so if it looks different, it wasn't anything I did in post.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just confused... :lol: So if you could clarify so that I can understand what you mean, that'd be appreciated! :sillysmi:

On the subject of pink hair - in the first photo the shadowed parts look wrong. Like you've selectively recoloured the hair alone, but not changed it on the shadows - so they look far too dark.

Nope.

No selective coloring. They're both wigs modeled after two of her favorite Final Fantasy Characters.

If the issue is with shadows in the hair looking too dark, it could be a curves/dodge & burn thing, but I definitely did no selective coloring to any of these, haha.

Tough crowd eh? :D

:lol: It's good. I like it. :biggrin:

Just a quick note, on #2 I'm instantly drawn to the defined line on her collar bone... it looks like it was drawn in by hand.

I swear I didn't draw it in! :lol:

That again, might just be a matter of not smoothing out that particular line enough, or failing to lighten that shadow? I fought with myself on that for a while. Smoothing it out and/or lightening it made it look weird to me, but at the same time I can definitely see what you're saying. I think I just wasn't able to find a happy medium... which is entirely my bad. :lmao:

Hmm might well be a burn dodge thing then - it just looks far darker in the shadows as if the colour shade of the hair itself has changed (at least to my eyes on this screen).

I take it then you were aiming for that CGI type look on the skin from the FF series? If so maybe push it further?

PS this reminds me that I've still not played the newest FF (darn you PS3 for costing so much!)

I dont mind the skin smoothing for this kind of shot. Good job! 2 different girls? They all look alike!

Is there any reason you framed every shot of the the right some? This leaves an inch of dead space of the left of every photo except the first.

If so maybe push it further?

Okay thanks for your feedback! :sillysmi:

I dont mind the skin smoothing for this kind of shot. Good job! 2 different girls? They all look alike!

:lol: No... same girl... two different wigs/colored contacts :lmao:

Is there any reason you framed every shot of the the right some? This leaves an inch of dead space of the left of every photo except the first.

No? Yes? :lol: Uh... I dunno, it just felt better to me. I guess it felt like her face needed room to breath since she's facing more left than front? :lol:

Pretty girls!!!! Looks like they're keeping the manufacturers of purple eye shadow happy and wealthy. I think the skin smoothing is a bit too much (a real surprise, right?). I like shot #1 and #2. The sideways pose in most of the others leaves a big gutter of dead space all along the left side of the picture area. The "lighting" looks acceptable....maybe even good...but the posing in the last couple just doesn't do much to showcase her, or her clothes.

Most reactions

Back