Saturday morning walk

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got up this morning and went to the riverwalk here in OKC.

1) Grinding a skateboard is kid's play. Try doing it with a U-haul truck.

Sat morning riverwalk-18 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2) I just like the framing, the lighting and the leading lines of the river.

Sat morning riverwalk-20 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

3) One of the statues along the walk.

Sat morning riverwalk-16 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

4) One of the waterfalls that are on the river.

Sat morning riverwalk-8 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

5) One of the bridges over the river.

Sat morning riverwalk-2 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy them.

Last edited:
loving 3,4 and 5 but I am really impressed you where able to lift the U-Haul on to the gate for a photo shot.

Had trouble tending to the rest after seeing #1. WHAT?!?!?:shock:
HOW did that happen?? Is this just a perspective trick? Or is there really a UHaul truck on that fence? Or does Sharon really need to get off TPF when the pain meds kick in? :lol:

loving 3,4 and 5 but I am really impressed you where able to lift the U-Haul on to the gate for a photo shot.

Thanks. I tell you I was smooth wore out after putting it up there like that. Thanks for the comment.

Had trouble tending to the rest after seeing #1. WHAT?!?!?:shock:
HOW did that happen?? Is this just a perspective trick? Or is there really a UHaul truck on that fence? Or does Sharon really need to get off TPF when the pain meds kick in? :lol:

No Sharon, you don't need to get off here while on the pain meds.

There is a U-Haul building just West of OKC Bricktown area. As I was walking the river walk this morning, I saw the truck up there and just had to position myself at the right angle to get this shot. I thought it was funny and a little creative.

Nice spin on a little walk- I like #2 the best- great colors. I think #5 could be leveled, but that's just my opinion!

I like 4 and 5. Nice.

Thank you.

Nice spin on a little walk- I like #2 the best- great colors. I think #5 could be leveled, but that's just my opinion!

Thank you. I worked on that for about 5 minutes or more just leveling. This was the best I got. It is leveled with the Name plate. I think that it may just be the lack of something to stabilize the left side that makes it feel that it's leaning.

I like 4 and 5. Nice.

Thank you.

Thank you. I worked on that for about 5 minutes or more just leveling. This was the best I got. It is leveled with the Name plate. I think that it may just be the lack of something to stabilize the left side that makes it feel that it's leaning.

Ron- at first glance it's great...when I stare at it for a minute then I see that it's not level. I think it's just my head more than anything at this point! :)

I like 4 and 5. Nice.

Thank you.

Ron- at first glance it's great...when I stare at it for a minute then I see that it's not level. I think it's just my head more than anything at this point! :)

I hear you. I didn't think I was going to get it straight. (Been getting c&c on straightening lately, so I've really been paying attention.)

You're beginning to regularly produce very satisfactory images, even of relatively normal, everyday scenes; there's an art underlying that. It's much harder to turn "daily" into dazzling than it is to turn dynamite into decent, ya know?

You're beginning to regularly produce very satisfactory images, even of relatively normal, everyday scenes; there's an art underlying that. It's much harder to turn "daily" into dazzling than it is to turn dynamite into decent, ya know?

Thanks Derrel, appreciate you saying that. You are right about that. October was a huge month for me. I got some photo books, did my challenge and went on that photowalk (Oh and had a video chat). Still a long way to go, that much I know, but I am really enjoying the journey now.

It's funny that you mention that, because I was laughing as I was walking because I was actually thinking about how a shot would look or if I wanted to take it. Seeing the shots is really AWESOME!!!!

Good eye - these are well-composed and nicely framed, #1 notwithstanding, which is really nicely seen & executed. I like the processing on #3 a lot; the processing on #4 is just a smidge much for my taste. TFS.

Good eye - these are well-composed and nicely framed, #1 notwithstanding, which is really nicely seen & executed. I like the processing on #3 a lot; the processing on #4 is just a smidge much for my taste. TFS.

Thank you lambertpix. What about #4 is too much? Is it the faux HDR look to it?

Some really great shots. Number three, grabbed me the most. Have to say the blue water is troubling me. Would have preferred, a lighter shade. But really great shots. Later Ed

Most reactions

Back