Saudi Arabia

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys.
I have not posted for ages but I took a trip up into the mountains around Makkah and I thought I could share a few pics.

Nothing of great photographic significance as it was too hazy but good tourist stuff.

This is where we had to take the so called Christian Highway: We were heading towards Taif
done6.jpg

Lots and lots of mountains:
done8.jpg

The plant life came in 2 varieties.
Really prickly:
done1.jpg

or really poisonous:
done3.jpg

Flash flooding was a huge issue a few days before we travelled. This is a car dragged from the river:
done9.jpg

And this is the river 2 days later:
done10.jpg

Great trip. Looking forward to the next one.

Every photo is quite interesting. Why does the road separate the Muslims from the non-Muslims?
The only people going the Hajj would be Muslims. Anyone else just clogs up the road needlessly.

Think of it as the "stadium parking only" going to the ballpark. Or "Disneyland only" lane.

You ought to try to get out right after sunrise or before sunset when the lighting gets dramatic. You will find the mountain shot much more interesting. Daytime lighting make everything bland. Shadows and contrast disappear during the day

Every photo is quite interesting. Why does the road separate the Muslims from the non-Muslims?
The only people going the Hajj would be Muslims. Anyone else just clogs up the road needlessly.

Think of it as the "stadium parking only" going to the ballpark. Or "Disneyland only" lane.

Both for reasons contained in the Quran and the policy of Saudi Arabia non-Muslins are not allowed into Mecca.
A non-Muslim discovered in Mecca would face, at the very least, immediate expulsion from the country and potentially other severe punishment

Why are only Muslims allowed into Mecca and Medina? - Quora

You ought to try to get out right after sunrise or before sunset when the lighting gets dramatic. You will find the mountain shot much more interesting. Daytime lighting make everything bland. Shadows and contrast disappear during the day
The roads are not good and they are prone to collapse so no night driving.
I will go back but will organise to be within striking distance as the sun comes up.

Most reactions

Back