Save a lens this new year be a lens organ doner

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am now the very happy owner of a kenko 2x telecoverter as a christmas present :) but it means that i have a big favor to ask of some hapless soul :(. Unfortunatly my teleconverter does not work on AF. The reason being that the small gear that turns the autofocus has died (see pic there is a split between the teeth facing the camera). If you have any idea where to get one please tell me, however i havnt been able to find anywhere that doesnt just laugh at me and say buy a new one. I dont think it is fixable without a replacment. So if you are the unlucky owner of a broken kenko teleconverter or minolta lens (it looks identical to thye one in my minolta AF 50mm prime) they have the same little gear in them and you were wondering when you would get round to throwing it out. Could i have the gear, and then at least it will make the death of one lense help the life another? I'll pay for it and postage of course.

In the mean time does anyone know how to turn of the AF check on startup on a KM 5D? as to get rid of the grinding noise i temporarily took cog out?

tim

kenkogear.jpg

In the mean time does anyone know how to turn of the AF check on startup on a KM 5D? as to get rid of the grinding noise i temporarily took cog out?

On the Dynax film models you could just flick the AF/MF switch and it would remain on Manual Focus the next time you turned it on; that might work on the 5D.

Thanks Zaphod, unfortunatly the dSLRs are so cleaver they check each time even if you leave it on MF, grrrrerer, one day i will sell all my photo equipment and go for a nikon.

tim

Wonderful how cameras these days are so clever and know better than us mere photographers eh :lol:

Sorry to hear about the decision to desert for the Nikon camp. I like how you referred to "photo equipment" and "Nikon" as separate things. :lmao: Do let me know when you're selling as I'm always on the lookout for shiny new Minolta glass.

I'm always on the lookout for shiny old Minolta glass . . . . not to mention 3600 and 5600 flash units . . . . any donors will be positively adored.

But I digress . . . . I have an A mount Kenko 2X that I think is brand new . . . and I'm not at all impressed with it. so . . . make me an offer I can't refuse <grin> and I'll go buy the 1.4 I should have chosen in the first place

ps . . . . don't shed your Minoltan status . . . over time will become a mark of eccentricity . . . . at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Sorry to hear about the decision to desert for the Nikon camp. I like how you referred to "photo equipment" and "Nikon" as separate things. :lmao: Do let me know when you're selling as I'm always on the lookout for shiny new Minolta glass.

LOL, well they are not gone yet, actually its got to be one of the hardest things to chang in life :hail: .

dgs if i ever want to get rid of them i will be sure to let you know first, as for the 2x, i cant say i think too much of it, but maybe i should just live in a country with more light to be able to apreciate it. i have a 1.4 sigma and thats nicer IMO?!?.

tim

Most reactions

Back