What's new

Saving overexposure

poof

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
Islamorada, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are some of your techniques for saving overexposure when the shot is just too good to not use? Here's one from my little girls first birthday. Although I always shoot in RAW, I didn't realize my wife had set the camera to low quality JPEG. Here's the before and after:


PB306718.jpg



24.jpg



I realize there are some saturation issues in the hair. Not sure of the best way to fix the problem. Unfortunately I don't have access to the original so any fixes would need to be done directly to this file.


I also overdid the dodge/burn, but that at least seems somewhat fixable.

Any tips?
 
Last edited:
Gimp and Lightroom 3
 
You need an image processor that has the capability of using layers.

Does GIMP do layers yet? I haven't used it in a couple of years.

Edit: I checked. Yes, GIMP can do layers, sort of. I already knew Lightroom doesn't have layers.
 
Last edited:
Care to go further in depth about how to use layers for this problem?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom