SB 600 Not working!

BrianLy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My stupid brother and my stupider friend, was running my room and they drop my D200 with my SB600 attach to it, my D200 is fine, but my SB600 will not work. It will turn on only at 180 degrees up sometimes and when I tap it a little hard it will shut off. What can I do?

Sell it for parts and buy a new one... nikon speed-lights are not the most durable things in the world. Fortunately there are a lot of people on ebay that buy these things to repair, so it's usually cheaper and easier to just sell it to one of those guys then to try to have it repaired yourself.

Make sure all the contacts are in place and making contact. Send it in for repair estimate. If the estimate is agreeable to your wallet, have them fix it.

When my zoom malfunctioned on my sb600 I fixed it myself and nearly killed myself via electric shock. Be careful.

i've busted a 600 before, busted the mainboard on it. just sell it on ebay and buy a new one of craigslist. They're pretty cheap on CL compared to retail usually. I've seen them for $150-175 pretty consistently. The thing is that the cost of repair is about the same as replacement.

I know this is an old thread but I am very happy to say after months of not touching my broken flash, I took it apart the other day and saw that there was a lose part inside and I soldered it back and now it works like new! I am proud of myself and I save some money by sending it out! (=

Yes I went 7 months without it )= But luckily I was bored and decided to take it apart. But the push button is kinda messed up but it don't bother me,=. I am just happy my flash works again.
There ya go!

But, you didn't get to use it for what - about 7 months?

CALL NIKON.
They'll trouble shoot you over the phone (which will probably be useless) and then tell your to send in for free estimate.
good luck

CALL NIKON.
They'll trouble shoot you over the phone (which will probably be useless) and then tell your to send in for free estimate.
good luck
If you had read a couple post up, I said I had fixed it myself.

Most reactions

Back