- Joined
- Feb 1, 2004
- Messages
- 34,812
- Reaction score
- 822
- Location
- Lower Saxony, Germany
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
- Moderator 🛠️
- #1
OK. After months and more months of being undecided whether to show you my very first attempts at testing my dad's Leica M5 with Ilford HP5 film, here I am with 9 of the pictures.
When I got the film back, I wasn't too thrilled. Actually I was pretty disappointed. All the photos lacked in contrast, looked kind of milky and had a faint green tint.
I scanned some portrait pics of my kids before (can't find the thread any more, though, for I forgot what I called it), and JonK said that apparently they were printed on colour paper. It is either that, or my scanner just cannot scan any other than RGB-formats. But the scans were all "colour pics". So all you are getting to see now is "converted into b+w b+w photos" :roll: ... Can it get any more complicated? (I upped the lost contrasts, too, quite a bit, here and there).
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
When I got the film back, I wasn't too thrilled. Actually I was pretty disappointed. All the photos lacked in contrast, looked kind of milky and had a faint green tint.
I scanned some portrait pics of my kids before (can't find the thread any more, though, for I forgot what I called it), and JonK said that apparently they were printed on colour paper. It is either that, or my scanner just cannot scan any other than RGB-formats. But the scans were all "colour pics". So all you are getting to see now is "converted into b+w b+w photos" :roll: ... Can it get any more complicated? (I upped the lost contrasts, too, quite a bit, here and there).
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
