Scanner/printer and tripod recommendations

WB8588

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some help.. Im looking for a printer that can also scan 35mm neg and 120 neg. I dont think i would need to print anything over like 8×10. I just photograph family members but i want to start developing and printing my own photos. Would like to keep the price as reasonable as possible

And also if you guys can recommend a tripod. I just aquired a mamiya rb67 pro s. Need a tripod for the beast.

Im looking for a printer that can also scan 35mm neg and 120 neg.

DONT get a combo printer scanner!!!!!

They never have as great of scan quality and the one of the two parts will stop working long before the other (probably the printer will go first)

That said I have never seen a combo unit that can do negatives.

Get a epson scanner and a cannon printer.

Im looking for a printer that can also scan 35mm neg and 120 neg.

DONT get a combo printer scanner!!!!!

They never have as great of scan quality and the one of the two parts will stop working long before the other (probably the printer will go first)

That said I have never seen a combo unit that can do negatives.

Get a epson scanner and a cannon printer.

Any epson scanner and canon printer come to mind? Thanks for the reply!

Depends on your budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use an Epson V600 scanner for my 120 negatives. I've also scanned 35mm but ut does a better job with 120. See my Flickr site for examples. Fine for 8x10's. Around $200 new. Check with Epson they have refurbished that also have a warrantee for less money. Get a separate printer. There are many fine up to 8x11 1/2" photo printers for under $150. Good luck.

I use an Epson V600 scanner for my 120 negatives. I've also scanned 35mm but ut does a better job with 120. See my Flickr site for examples. Fine for 8x10's. Around $200 new. Check with Epson they have refurbished that also have a warrantee for less money. Get a separate printer. There are many fine up to 8x11 1/2" photo printers for under $150. Good luck.

Alan, i really like those landscape and portrait photos that you took with the mamiya. They have a certain look to them which was the whole purpose of me being interested in medium format. And that painting of you is cool!

Alan, i really like those landscape and portrait photos that you took with the mamiya. They have a certain look to them which was the whole purpose of me being interested in medium format. And that painting of you is cool!
Thanks for your comments. My friend Mel, retired now, was a graphic artist with a sense of humor. Hence the addition of the goose in the painting. Good luck with MF. I think you're going to enjoy it.

Most reactions

Back