Scarborough B&W

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a drive down to Scarborough here in Perth and decided instead of doing my usual beach scene I would try for something a bit different.

1. Skate Park
skatepark.jpg
scabs4.jpg
scabs3.jpg

scabs1.jpg

scabs6.jpg

I like #2. The leading lines, the curves and the shadows all make for a nice composition to me.

Good call with all the different types of lines. #1, 2 and 3 are my favorites.

Very art deco looking. Not usually a fan of B+W for landscapes etc but it certainly works here.

What a fascinating design for the building in the first few shots. Great use of leading lines to walk me through the details.

Something I really like about the first image is that I thought it was shadows being cast then realized what was going on after I spent some more time with it. Very nice.

Yes, No. 2 is my favorite here, also. There is some noise in the clouds, but it doesn't bother me.

Yep - 2 and 4 are my favourites - very stylish images

Nice stuff. 3 and 5 draw me in to image what's going on. I'd like 5 to be more contrasty, but the vintage B&W look is fine too.

Love these! I agree very Art Deco/MCM lines and materials.

Great set of images, Stapo! Hard to pick a favorite. However, I am really, really taken with #5 - it looks for all the world like the type of photo one might find leafing through an old Life magazine. You were smart to avoid higher contrast here. Just a retro, dreamy quality, and the person in the foreground is spot on. Terrific!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back