Scarborough Harbour - trying something new...

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot straight into the sun with the intention of getting the sun jst like this, with it's reflection in the ripples of the harbour. I then used Split Toning (is that what it's called?) in ACR. So, these images WERE what I intended...my question - are they any good? And, Do people like them?

Thanks in advance...Craig

i prefer the black and white one. the red tint distracts from the scene and doesnt really fit with the setup of the image. great framing, the path on the right draws your eyes into the sun. the dock on the left is a nice fill, but it would be interesting to see a similar shot without that dock, as its also somewhat out of place. great shot though.

i prefer the black and white one. the red tint distracts from the scene and doesnt really fit with the setup of the image. great framing, the path on the right draws your eyes into the sun. the dock on the left is a nice fill, but it would be interesting to see a similar shot without that dock, as its also somewhat out of place. great shot though.

Thank you...it started off (in other forums) with people liking the colour, but then there was a change and I think the B&W grew on them. I will try a crop as you suggest...watch this space...

Square crop losing the port to the left...does this work?

4700230979_118662cffe.jpg

Most reactions

Back