Scarborough Renaissance Festival (11 pics)

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend I got to go to my first Renaissance Festival! I always thought it was a moving show that had a bunch of bored performers earning a few bucks. Boy was I wrong! It is a permanent facility about 45 minutes from Fort Worth. Most of the performers have been there for years and were fantastic. You could tell they just lived for this stuff. As you can see from the pictures, nearly everyone there was dressed up including visitors.

Anyway, a photographers paradise. I took about 250 pictures in the course of about 6 hours. Thankfully I decided to shoot in JPG! It was really fun for me because I am really shy about taking people's pics and these people just hammed it up for the camera.

Quality isn't top notch, sun was a killer, but I thought you may enjoy them anyway...

275820216_o6MPH-L.jpg

275821722_oBQBW-L.jpg

275830814_Ye3Hh-L.jpg

275832068_vfwTA-L.jpg

275833790_urjbA-L.jpg

275834540_GHcV7-L.jpg

275837367_mS3FN-L.jpg

8. (A tea party discussing the history of tea with a hobbit-like guy, royalty and two trolls).
275839162_y6cAK-L.jpg

275839747_Y2Xzt-L.jpg

275840218_4Psh9-L.jpg

275844190_aMQ7g-L.jpg

That one girl looks like a belly dancer, they had belly dancers during those times?

Good shots though :D

That one girl looks like a belly dancer, they had belly dancers during those times?

Good shots though :D

Evidently they did. They are very authentic about everything out there as far as the workers. My mom is taking belly dancing classes and is performing out there and they can't wear ANYTHING not from those days such as glasses, and they can't wear purple because it is only for royalty. She has a whole freaking book on the rules.

I just did a quick look on the web, and it says that no one knows exactly when it started, but it can be tracked back to the 12th-13th century in Persia.

LOL! :thumbup:

I love renaissance festivals, so much fun stuff to see and take in. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

-yugamu

Thanks, it was a really good time :) I would like to go back and lug all my equipment around to get some good shots, but I really don't think I would of had much fun with my family if I did it the first time.

It was pretty warm too (86), and we were dressed for cooler weather (black long sleeve), so I would have been miserable for sure if I added a backpack full of camera crap.

It looks like a lot of fun, especially if they're being as authentic as they can. Very colourful. And exciting to watch the jousting, I'll bet. That pic of the flute playing 'faerie' is really nice.

Antarctican...nearly 10,000 posts?? Congrats. Amazing.

Most reactions

Back