Scary man!

^^^ Yes, lighting info please :)

There was a set I remember check out awhile back (I think it was called "The Faces of Poverty" but I could be wrong) that this lighting is reminiscent of. The detail in his beard and hair is awesome.

Quite disturbing... I don't think I will be napping today!

Well done! What was your lighting set-up here?

^^^ Yes, lighting info please :)

There was a set I remember check out awhile back (I think it was called "The Faces of Poverty" but I could be wrong) that this lighting is reminiscent of. The detail in his beard and hair is awesome.

Thanks guys.

Lighting was uber-simple. Two bare strobes, below head height at about 4o'clock and 8 o'clock as he is looking at 6 o'clock. He held his hands up in front of the lights, just the side of his head, fingers spread. That's it. On a dark background.

PP was Colour Efex Pro to add a little Brilliance and warmth. Then a conversion in Silver Efex pro and a sharpen back in Photoshop. There was a little cloning to remove his hands from the shot, although they didn't intrude much after the crop. :)

Cheers

nice photo. all I can say about it is, to straighten it up?

He (or your representation of him) reminds me of the escaped convict in an old B&W BBC production (circa 1950s) of Great Expectations.

Thank you. :)

nice photo. all I can say about it is, to straighten it up?

Nah, if I straightened it, he would be wonky. I don't think Andy is the straightest of people (in the not wonky sense, that is!). :)

He (or your representation of him) reminds me of the escaped convict in an old B&W BBC production (circa 1950s) of Great Expectations.

You mean this guy from the 1946 version:

http://gerryco23.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/5571_great-expectations-2.jpg?w=510

I hope you aren't doing passport or job application photos for Andy.

I saw that when I was about 8(?) and never forgot that scene. :) I won't tell you how long ago that was. ;)

The fact that your photo brought memories back should be taken as a compliment... that's part of what art is about, innit? :thumbup:

I saw that when I was about 8(?) and never forgot that scene. :) I won't tell you how long ago that was. ;)

The fact that your photo brought memories back should be taken as a compliment... that's part of what art is about, innit? :thumbup:

It is indeed. Thank you. It also means I succeeded in the intent of the photo...it was meant to be scary, menacing. To equate this with the character would seem to say I did it right. :)

Thank you. :)

Most reactions

Back