Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my FRIENDS works at this store!!!! He's an Executive Assistant Manager that I've worked with since I started Walgreens more than 5 years ago, he was transferred to another store a while back...I haven't talked to him in a few months, but was told about this the other day...this is SCARY to me!!!!!

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO01_ROBBERY_S1.htm

Wow, that is scary! Glad no employees or patrons were hurt of killed. Was your friend in the store when this happened? Sounds like they got what they had coming. It's just stupid to attempt a robbery, much less shoot at a cop. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

My wife had a close friend in high school who became a Cincinnati Cop. He was killed as 2 perps left the rear door of a closed gas/ice cream shop. One of the two is out already and lives in California, the other has gone up on parole several times but was denied. The odd thing is they both were sentenced to death. The both had it changed to life when Ohio's death penalty was declared unconstitutional. Through a fluke in the system the first guy, the trigger man was released after serving just 7 years. Dave died at age 24. Sorry for the rant, but this stuff does scare the hell outta me too.

I'm not sure if my friend was there or not...I have not talked to him in a while, and I no longer have his phone number...but I have other friends that still work with me that still talk to him, so I hope to find out soon. I think this is the only time anything like this has ever happened to anyone I know. I'm a worrier as it is, and I never realized that the store he worked at was in a bad neighborhood, but I'm told it is very bad. So now I worry. Oh...I just remembered...we have had our store robbed before, but it wasn't armed...a young, very tiny little girl about 16 was working the front register and the person she was checking out just allt he sudden reached over the counter and grabbed all the money out the the register and ran. No one was hurt, but she sure was shaken up. I wasn't there at the time. I do know our bank here in town has been robbed...can't remember if any of them were at gunpoint or not...one was before the place opened, and just the bank pres was there (as he was unlocking the doors to go in)...the other time I am pretty sure the guy wasn't armed, and one of our bank employees chased the guy down after he took some money and ran out of the bank...Brad chased the guy down IN HIS TRUCK, and at some point the guy who was running fell down or something, and Brad jumped out and tackled him and sat there with him pinned down til the cops got there (something like that...it may not have gone EXACTLY like that but it was very close...it's been a while, so it's harder to remember details)....

...but anyway...this is the first time where something like this has happened and it's gone this badly. :(

sorry for the outcome, but there's one less sex offender off the street

Most reactions

Back