Scenes with Snow ( 56k warning 6 pictures)

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_4354-01.jpg

IMG_4357-01b.jpg

IMG_4402-01.jpg

IMG_3926-01.jpg

IMG_4387-01.jpg

IMG_4549-02.jpg

Very nice series, John. I like them all, but 3 and 4 are my faves. I really love that bench shot.

that last one has a very special composition and feel to it... nice !!

Photo 2 is the one that fascinates me most.
Why did you turn it around and make us see the mirror image now?
You sure did that for a reason, only is it a tad distracting, what with WRITING in the pic (else no one would notice).

Thank you everyone for your comments:)

Very fine shots ...
Only the second - my favourite - is mirrored and should be switched horizontally
Sincerely
Helmut

Photo 2 is the one that fascinates me most.
Why did you turn it around and make us see the mirror image now?
You sure did that for a reason, only is it a tad distracting, what with WRITING in the pic (else no one would notice).

Thankyou Hape and Lafoto. I flipped the image because the eyes follows a left to right pattern more easily. By comparing the two I thought the flipped version showed more depth, although that could be just my imagination.:D By posting the two, I will let you be the judge.

IMG_4357-01b.jpg

IMG_4357-01a.jpg

Hard to tell, now that we know the flipped version so much better ... :scratch: ... if it weren't for the writing, no one would ever notice it was flipped, but with the letters...

And this makes me think back to my pic of the green bucket (no one remembers that but I do) which followed the direction of your flipped version, i.e. leading the eye from the left to the right, in the way we write, and I thought that was good, and many then said I better flip it around and have the eye travel the pic from right to left (as does your original version) ... and I flipped it to see and it felt so wrong.

Is there a right or wrong, I wonder?

Hard to tell, now that we know the flipped version so much better ... :scratch: ... if it weren't for the writing, no one would ever notice it was flipped, but with the letters...

And this makes me think back to my pic of the green bucket (no one remembers that but I do) which followed the direction of your flipped version, i.e. leading the eye from the left to the right, in the way we write, and I thought that was good, and many then said I better flip it around and have the eye travel the pic from right to left (as does your original version) ... and I flipped it to see and it felt so wrong.

Is there a right or wrong, I wonder?

My own personal believe is in any art there is no right or wrong in ones own creation, although any critic would throughly disagree.:D For myself, I prefered the flipped version even though the trade off is reveresed lettering which some might find particularly annoying. In your own picture if you felt it was wrong, that's O.K cause it's your creation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back