Schiphol Airport *9pics*

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to the airport yesterday with a friend of mine. You got this panorama terrace where you can see planes land and take off. Unfortunatly the wind wasnt coming from the right direction, so there wasnt alot of action. But i did get some shots:
Schiphol001.jpg

Schiphol002.jpg

Schiphol003.jpg

Schiphol004.jpg

Schiphol005.jpg

Schiphol006.jpg

Schiphol007.jpg

Schiphol008.jpg

Schiphol009.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Im not a fan of civil planes, more a fan of old prop and display teams. but I do like numbers 5, 6 & 9

I would have to say I like 4 and 6 the best... I am not sure what settings you were using but be sure to use Ai-Servo when shooting moving planes... and for planes with props you should keep your shutter at <1/160 for in air and <1/125 for taxi which will give you the proper prop blur...

Good job!

Nice series ... I like 5, 6 and 9 ... but I am wondering ...... how many people can travel in #9 ?

Seriously ... I do like 6 got a strange kind of symmatry (oops spelling).

I also quite like #2 .... if just a fraction of a second earlier then you would have caught the wheels touching down and the initial skid and burning rubber smoke .... Still a good photos well done.

Shame all the UK airports are now out of bounds due to nutter in charge being worried about the other nutters out there !

The "plane" in Photo 9 comes out nicely. Very crisp. Cool "paintwork" :D.

I like the "atmospheric" photos very much here, like 3 and 6.
But if I had been you, I would have been happy about the telezoom pics of the landing/landing approach pics of the Qatar Airways and KLM plane!!! I like to see the smoke from the tyres and the heat from the engines!

thanks for the comments everyone :)
I did use Ai-servo, but tried to keep the shutter above 300, since i was shooting with my 300mm. Ill try to get the speed down next time ill go there and spot a prop. Thanks for the tips :)
#9 was huge, i think one can fit at least 400 peeps in there..........and one horse. It was the first time i saw it and shot a pic of it. I had to run afterwards, cause the CIA came after me since it was all super secret and stuff. But i got away and now everybody knows the secret muahahaha..............sorry, got carried away :)
But it was rather difficult to shoot at the right moment, cause there was alot of stuff in the foreground, like lightpoles and stuff. But i will sure try to get the right moment next time :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back