Scolty Wood Aberdeenshire

Eastw77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Managed to get out and about again yesterday. Here are a few of the shots I took. Enjoy!

GrasstreesskyMedium.jpg

ScoltywoodviewMedium.jpg

ScoltyViewwtreeMedium.jpg

ScoltyMonumentShadowcheriebenMedium.jpg

Thanks for looking..

The second photo here clearly is my favourite, followed by the idea of making the shadow coming towards us the second main element next to the tower in the last. But I feel the first three could well do with some post processing ... they feel like there is more in them than meets the eye just now.

The second photo here clearly is my favourite, followed by the idea of making the shadow coming towards us the second main element next to the tower in the last. But I feel the first three could well do with some post processing ... they feel like there is more in them than meets the eye just now.

Thanks for the comment. What PP would you recommend to bring them up to scratch?

Well, :oops: actually I was wrong assuming they lacked a little in shadow and colour, their histogrammes are absolutely ok, but maybe a little play with the levels in Photoshop (I am a "levels"-person, others prefer to play with the curves...) might bring out the colours some more, either for the entire photo, like here:

ScoltywoodviewMedium_myeditidea.jpg

...or for only a select part of the photo - well feathered at 50 px -, like here:

ScoltyViewwtreeMedium_myeditidea.jpg

Shows more detail in the dry grass, or so it seems. And the colours are a little stronger. What do you say?

Most reactions

Back