Screw my D7k, I'm getting this!

Holy pixels! That's just ridiculous. No one, AT ALL, ever, in history, needs 41MP in a phone. NO ONE. This is a ridiculous waste of space in the phone. Wow. How ridiculous one can get.

Mark

Well, Nikon has the world convinced "mo mega-pixels is better"
iconhammer.gif

Well, Nikon has the world convinced "mo mega-pixels is better"
iconhammer.gif

When in reality it's "mo' pixels, mo' problems" especially in a tiny ass phone sensor.

Rofl, the idea is fun, but still...
Basically what they do is take a 41 MP photo and size it down to 5 MP.
They will zoom by cropping that 41 MP photo and sizing that crop to 5 MP.
Basically this means you can zoom right up to a 5 MP crop (that's about 3x).
The idea behind this is that you do not have to zoom digitally, stretching up the image.

I like that idea, but 41 MP on a small sensor is just ridiculous... xD

My mind just boggles at how big those photos are going to be - I have enough problems worrying about storage space for an 18MP camera - let alone 41! You'd need a small army of backup harddrives to support that!

FANTASTIC!!! I've been wanting to upgrade to the 7000 anyway. The checks in the mail.

Some samples photos from the 41 mega phone

Nokia 808 PureView » Nokia – Press

Not too bad for a phone camera. I downloaded all except one of the field photos in full-resolution, ranging from 12.64 megabytes down to the just under 2 megabyte range in size. Not bad, really. Looks like the lens could be a bit better, or there is very little sharpening applied to these. Still, NOT BAD!!! I think the iPhone 4 and 4s might have slightly better performance, due to a combo of lens and sharpening applied in-phone, but that's just my gut feeling--no side-by-side sample to test that feeling out on...

Some samples photos from the 41 mega phoneNokia 808 PureView » Nokia – Press
Not too bad for a phone camera. I downloaded all except one of the field photos in full-resolution, ranging from 12.64 megabytes down to the just under 2 megabyte range in size. Not bad, really. Looks like the lens could be a bit better, or there is very little sharpening applied to these. Still, NOT BAD!!! I think the iPhone 4 and 4s might have slightly better performance, due to a combo of lens and sharpening applied in-phone, but that's just my gut feeling--no side-by-side sample to test that feeling out on...
Agreed. Not to bad at all for a phone. Maybe tone down the mp in half, up the iso capabilities, and add a f1.4 aperture and your shooting weddings before you get home!

Already on a second hard drive with all the raw files from my camera, don't need my phone adding to the insanity

Holy pixels! That's just ridiculous. No one, AT ALL, ever, in history, needs 41MP in a phone. NO ONE. This is a ridiculous waste of space in the phone. Wow. How ridiculous one can get.

Mark

Very similar comments were heard across the world wide web when the 36mp D800 rumours first surfaced.

I am dying to see what the new sensor technology will mean for compact cameras... Could be some awesome-ness??

wait 40 years and they'll have D4 performance coming out of a camera the size of a pinhead.... did I just say pinhead heh

Most reactions

New Topics

Back